• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

RadioHeadAche said:
You'll probably rarely use it which makes it worse.

ha well I must say in my case, given that I am primarily a TSNE player, scanner ex is great except I lack the skills to fully use it. For example, I can't slam and knife. More than often not I will miss. Okay, I also have trouble locating the enemy without monomania. Then, without runner, I will like I am a walking target.

I will say, though, that when I finally knock somebody out and scan him, it's the beeessst feeling in the world!

Not to mention KOing the other team if they are linked.

The only other mode that I think scan ex can be useful is RES

leroidys

Just started playing the game last night. Does everybody hack, or is there some trick I don't know to headshotting everybody anywhere on the map? Anyways, I really suck. Managed to get 4 kills in one 15 minute round... Also, it's really hard to find a game as a level 0. Any helpful advice?

leroidys said:
Just started playing the game last night. Does everybody hack, or is there some trick I don't know to headshotting everybody anywhere on the map? Anyways, I really suck. Managed to get 4 kills in one 15 minute round... Also, it's really hard to find a game as a level 0. Any helpful advice?

Try playing in the newbie rooms for a while. People are dicks and will kick you for being a level zero player, so try to level up a bit before attempting to join games in the other lobbies. I also recommend joining combat training. It doesn't affect stats and some hosts are very willing to help. Also, since the game is heavily based on scoring a lot of headshots, you may want to practice aiming as much as possible.

NeoUltima

jsnepo said:
I guess nobody plays this game anymore.
I love the game itself, but expensive DLC and the clunky infrastructure of it all killed it for me.

I'm still holding out for a MGS4 Subsistence in which they ditch the Konami Online stuff and just use PSN.

jsnepo

I'm able to borrow an MGO stand alone blu ray from a friend. I was told that Survival in Japan is now IP restricted. WTF!

By the way, anyone here has got an updated guide on how to register for a Konami ID in Japan? Tried searching through Google and found guides that no longer work. I even tried using Babelfish but to no avail.

Ephemeris

NeoUltima said:
I love the game itself, but expensive DLC and the clunky infrastructure of it all killed it for me.

I'm still holding out for a MGS4 Subsistence in which they ditch the Konami Online stuff and just use PSN.

Yeah, I know how you feel. I was all over MGO; terrorizing Gaffers with my Snake when Sneaking Mission first came out was definitely the highlight.:lol

Good times.

I didn't notice much of anything. Maybe the lag was reduced, or something to help combat it, but I really didn't notice. That fucking Vamp glitch hasn't been fixed, though. Great job, Konami.

So, hmm... how long can it take to update the game from scratch and how much space does it take? 6MB connection here. I remember updating with my old 1MB connection was painful, and that was like a year ago.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Imm0rt4l said:
Was thinking about playing this again, but my old ps3 ylod, and I'm not buying map packs again, fuck that noise.

Uh, the maps aren't tied to your konami id or whatever that isn't PSN?

WTF. That's stupid. :|

Facism

ahhhhh memories. WASP unit was my first extended effort in console multiplayer games. So many good memories. Hope Rising comes with an updated MGO

Imm0rt4l

TheSeks said:
Uh, the maps aren't tied to your konami id or whatever that isn't PSN?

WTF. That's stupid. :|
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the first map pack wasn't on psn. I do believe they later did that for other ones. I haven't played this game in ages.

Imm0rt4l

Facism said:
maps should be tied to your konami id rather than console.
You sure? Because I lost my character when I got my new console even though I retrived my Konami ID. Maybe I'll give it a try later tonight.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Imm0rt4l said:
You sure? Because I lost my character when I got my new console even though I retrived my Konami ID. Maybe I'll give it a try later tonight.

Your character is saved to the PS3. So that's reasonable to lose.

Your map pack stuff shouldn't be tied to the PS3. That would be beyond moronic to do in terms of DRM.

I can't believe Konami went this route. Grr.

I haven't played this game in ages. So if you are on new Ps3, you have to buy a new Character slot and start over :/

I know for sure that maps packs on only tied to the account you linked it to and doesn't applied across all accounts.

Imm0rt4l

Cloudius12 said:
I can't believe Konami went this route. Grr.

I haven't played this game in ages. So if you are on new Ps3, you have to buy a new Character slot and start over :/

I know for sure that maps packs on only tied to the account you linked it to and doesn't applied across all accounts.
I'm in the same boat as far as having to level up all over again. Ah well, this game probably isn't worth playing competitively anyways.

Facism

Pretty shitty. Hopefully they'll use PSN/XBL for MGO Rising. Assuming there's another MGO coming.

I fucking hope so :(

Fuck MGO, took forever to download the update, then it says game data corrupt delete and try again, I'm not downloading that again so you can forget it

Grinchy

Banned
I played this back when I still had a 60GB PS3, but now I'd have to start all the downloading from scratch.

Is this game "noob"-friendly these days? I was somewhat decent when I played, but it's been so long that I basically have no idea what I'm doing anymore. I just wouldn't want to go through the hassle of getting this ready to play only to find out that I stand no chance lol

I was playing MGO yesterday and someone mentioned something about Japan having MK. II gun tournaments. Is that true? If so, why can't the US get it? I love using the mk. II.

lancerotomy

Neo Member
so, i got that wild hair up my ass and decided to boot up mgo today. after a treacherous update was downloaded and installed, i tried to login with my konami id only to get an error message saying id/password was incorrect. so i got on the konami website and reconfirmed my id/password and logged in just fine. but i'm still getting error messages anytime i try to login on my ps3. anyone else experiencing this/know what's up? or is MGO just dead?

lancerotomy said:
so, i got that wild hair up my ass and decided to boot up mgo today. after a treacherous update was downloaded and installed, i tried to login with my konami id only to get an error message saying id/password was incorrect. so i got on the konami website and reconfirmed my id/password and logged in just fine. but i'm still getting error messages anytime i try to login on my ps3. anyone else experiencing this/know what's up? or is MGO just dead?
Pretty sure website login and Game login are 2 different logins.

I luckily my character is link to my account that was previously on another PS3. Played just fine.

Top Bottom