• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Grief.exe

I'm conflicted on this.

I was super late to the PS3 party, and when I finally did pick up MGS4, I never got around to playing it. I got up to meeting SIGINT, and then never touched it again.

I've played through and really enjoyed, storywise and gameplaywise, MGS3, MGS2, and Peacewalker. I also know the major plot points from MGS1, but haven't played much of it beyond a rental of the Twin Snakes once.

Is there some stuff in MGS4 besides
nanomachines, and the ending scenes in general
that I would be really missing out on if I never got around to playing it? I have my PS3 packed up already, and I kind of want to just jump in to this when it unlocks.

I've been told that Rising neither spoils MGS4 or requires prior knowledge of the series to enjoy.

I haven't played MGS4 either, I sat this entire console generation out until I picked up a PS3 this last Black Friday.

BadWolf

I'm conflicted on this.

I was super late to the PS3 party, and when I finally did pick up MGS4, I never got around to playing it. I got up to meeting SIGINT, and then never touched it again.

I've played through and really enjoyed, storywise and gameplaywise, MGS3, MGS2, and Peacewalker. I also know the major plot points from MGS1, but haven't played much of it beyond a rental of the Twin Snakes once.

Is there some stuff in MGS4 besides
nanomachines, and the ending scenes in general
that I would be really missing out on if I never got around to playing it? I have my PS3 packed up already, and I kind of want to just jump in to this when it unlocks.

You don't have to if you don't want to but playing MGS4 would help you know more about Raiden, his family, the setting Rising and about some of the other characters (like Sunny).

Where are the GIFS?

ibpyzTfiKHqsG2.gif

ieepWuVtPc1vz.gif

iZGeYf5Qyuxhi.gif

iLN9bz2uhDtaQ.gif

kudoboi

my first metal gear game. hoping konami considers porting the rest of the series to PC as well as remove that stupid region lock for asia

Jawmuncher

I'm really interested in mods for MGR. Sure there won't be any total conversions but there's bound to be some neat stuff.

PC has a boss rush mode? I'd really like to see them add something like that to the console versions, it's the one thing it desperately needs.

Gestault

This is a fantastic OT. Also, fantastic game.

Question, partly because I was going to make a sarcastic comment and I realized there was a real question built-in to it: When it says the game runs at 60 fps, does that mean that if you run the minimum system requirements, it can hit that with appropriate detail settings? I often bristle when people assert that a title runs at 60 fps, when that sometimes means that given upper-end hardware, it's possible for it to run at that rate, but wouldn't on many otherwise capable systems.

Grief.exe

This is a fantastic OT. Also, fantastic game.

Question, partly because I was going to make a sarcastic comment and I realized there was a real question built-in to it: When it says the game runs at 60 fps, does that mean that if you run the minimum system requirements, it can hit that with appropriate detail settings? I often bristle when people assert that a title runs at 60 fps, when that sometimes means that given upper-end hardware, it's possible for it to run at that rate, but wouldn't on many otherwise capable systems.

That was for the console version, we just don't know about performance yet.

Going over the minimal requirements, they look to be total bullshit. Many AAA publishers have been doing that recently.
Of course, that is just speculation, no way to know until actual release.

ArjanN

I'm not sure there is an actual boss rush mode, it sounds more like a more specific level select that let's you directly choose the boss battles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is this region locked?

The game itself is region-free, but:

- If you're in one of the Asian countries listed here, you'll need to use a VPN to activate a retail key (Spotflux is free and US-based)
- Steam users in South America and Eastern European are unable to gift the game directly or trade it to users outside of these respective territories; while it is possible to circumvent this by having the gift e-mailed to you, at which point you can add it your inventory and then activate it using VPN, I wouldn't recommend this as it technically falls under the umbrella of using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing, which Valve doesn't take kindly to (redeeming keys is fine as Valve doesn't see a cent from those)

If you want the game on the cheap, buy a key from Nuuvem (~$17; you can ignore the warning about it being region-locked to the Americas).

Top Bottom