• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yeah, if this is your first time through the game, do not use the Fox blade. You basically won't be using the combat system as it was designed.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

It's a cheat weapon designed to make the game ludicrously easy, and also for the fun of living out your Gray Fox hallway massacre fantasies where people explode into fountains of blood with the slightest hit. It costs a small fortune to upgrade, from memory, so it's not like having this ability will be easy. But it does fundamentally break the combat system in favour of cheap, if enjoyable, super easy insta kills.

People playing for the first time would be better off leaving the fox blade unlock until later, post game, and spending their credits on playing the game properly instead.

Grief.exe

Some say it's a cheat weapon. You can cut enemies instantly with that sword.

Btw why was the OT title removed?

Yeah, if this is your first time through the game, do not use the Fox blade. You basically won't be using the combat system as it was designed.

It's a cheat weapon designed to make the game ludicrously easy, and also for the fun of living out your Gray Fox hallway massacre fantasies where people explode into fountains of blood with the slightest hit. It costs a small fortune to upgrade, from memory, so it's not like having this ability will be easy. But it does fundamentally break the combat system in favour of cheap, if enjoyable, super easy insta kills.

People playing for the first time would be better off leaving the fox blade unlock until later, post game, and spending their credits on playing the game properly instead.

I'll stay away from it then, don't want to use a crutch to get through the game.

Weapon that destroys game balance shouldn't exist.

Raxus

The Fox blade is extremely strong, you'll be able to kill most enemies in a few hits and instantly kill them in blade mode. It was a pre-order bonus weapon.

Not to mention by the time you beat the game
you find a better sword that works in tandem with a suit to make it easier to beat revengence.

Enjoy some of the VR missions you guys.

*Starts laughing maniacally*

It's a banned meme? I had no idea. I was just using BY2K's proposed title since he wasn't able to post the thread T^T

Would you mind changing the subtitle to something appropriate, EC? Preferably involving nanomachines.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Thread needs a new title

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Time to leave them all (consoles) behind!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
mistralfbfpj.gif

It's a banned meme? I had no idea. I was just using BY2K's proposed title since he wasn't able to post the thread T^T

Would you mind changing the subtitle to something appropriate, EC? Preferably involving nanomachines.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Steam Nanomachines Ready For Injection

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Really, playing on hard? Is it frustrating on hard? Dark Souls territory or worse? I don't know if I have the patience...

Perfectly manageable on hard with the exception of maybe one or two difficulty spikes that require a bit of patience. It's probably the other character action game from Platinum that is a bit too easy on normal, in my opinion. I'd recommend people play Vanquish, Bayonetta, and The Wonderful 101 on normal first if they're not confident with the genre. But Rising's mechanics felt a lot more lenient and forgiving on normal than usual. I learned this from the demo, where normal has a fairly large parry window.

If you're poop at character action games then yeah, maybe play on normal. But unlike stuff like Bayo, which I feel is more than challenging enough on normal for the average player, Rising doesn't really come into its own unless you're playing on hard.

Trojan X

Banned
Has it been confirmed that the game to run above 1920 x 1080p or at least be patched later so it can run above that resolution yet? I want 2560 x 1600p goodness from this game like all the other games I got that runs at this resolution.

EatChildren

Oh, and my obligatory Rising thread image post:

risingvwqnf.jpg

Neiteio

One of the best parts of this game is how all of your enemies are machines or nearly entirely machines. This allows you to hack and slash without feeling squeamish! I'm not very fond of sadistic games (unless they're really cheesy and over-the-top, like Bulletstorm), but this game avoids all of that by making cyborgs/robots the enemy. I think the game even indicates that the "blood" you're seeing is oil!

Trojan X

Banned
Perfectly manageable on hard with the exception of maybe one or two difficulty spikes that require a bit of patience. It's probably the other character action game from Platinum that is a bit too easy on normal, in my opinion. I'd recommend people play Vanquish, Bayonetta, and The Wonderful 101 on normal first if they're not confident with the genre. But Rising's mechanics felt a lot more lenient and forgiving on normal than usual. I learned this from the demo, where normal has a fairly large parry window.

If you're poop at character action games then yeah, maybe play on normal. But unlike stuff like Bayo, which I feel is more than challenging enough on normal for the average player, Rising doesn't really come into its own unless you're playing on hard.

Funny part about Bayonetta is Normal and Hard mode were just training grounds for the mode that you suppose to be playing on: Non-Stop Climax mode.

Thrakier

I'm not poop but I'm not great either. I played through both Souls games, but I cursed a lot. A LOT. But I liked the challenge as well. Other than that, I was never into DmC or Ninja Gaiden, although I played most of them. But never got too much into combos and stuff, also don't like fighting games either...meh.

Maybe we can make a ban bet so I have some sort of motivation to stick with hard? XD

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm not poop but I'm not great either. I played through both Souls games, but I cursed a lot. A LOT. But I liked the challenge as well. Other than that, I was never into DmC or Ninja Gaiden, although I played most of them. But never got too much into combos and stuff, also don't like fighting games either...meh.

Maybe we can make a ban bet so I have some sort of motivation to stick with hard? XD

In my opinion Hard is Normal.

Grief.exe

Has it been confirmed that the game to run above 1920 x 1080p or at least be patched later so it can run above that resolution yet? I want 2560 x 1600p goodness from this game like all the other games I got that runs at this resolution.

Have only heard that the outcry has been passed onto the developers at Platinum.

Top Bottom