• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker - Ad-hoc Party thread

duckroll

Okay, so as discussed in the official thread, it's better to have a fixed lobby for creating rooms for NeoGAF games.

Where to meet up?
World: G
Lobby: 22

Room details
Room name format: NeoGAF PW [insert addition stuff as required]
Password: biggestboss

We can use this thread to arrange timings for games, and those who need help clearing certain missions (story or extra ops) can post here to see if anyone is available to help if they're stuck, etc. This should keep a lot of unneeded noise out of the official thread as well.

Remember to mark ALL spoilers, and to identify story missions by number so people know what to expect behind the spoiler! Thanks!

US Ad-Hoc Party Download Account

For those without a US account and do not want to go through the hassle of making one, GoncaloCCastro has created a US account just for you to grab the US app. The download is already in the Download List, so you don't have to search for it either.

Email - bigboss.peacewalker@gmail.com
Password - gaf1974walker

Snookie

In! I'll try to get on tonight. I gotta configure my psp with my ps3 later. I've never tried any of this before.

duckroll

54-46! said:
This is US ad-hoc I assume?

Yeah I think we will be using the US Ad-hoc Party program. It's not region locked though. You just need to download the one from the US store. The different programs have different servers (Asia, Japan, US), so be careful about that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
54-46! said:
This is US ad-hoc I assume?

I don't think the ad-hoc program is region restricted, but for the most part yes. But I don't think the thread is just for the US program. Just make sure to designate yourself if you're using the EU/JP program to be on the safe side if we can't find you.

duckroll

TheSeks said:
I don't think the ad-hoc program is region restricted, but for the most part yes. But I don't think the thread is just for the US program. Just make sure to designate yourself if you're using the EU/JP program to be on the safe side if we can't find you.

Well, I think it's good to use one unified program. It's less confusing, and honestly, it's a FREE DOWNLOAD. :lol

thefil

Was going to come tonight, but a friend let me know he's in town... so we're going to get together and play Peace Walker. :lol

Have fun guys.

I'm all over this once I get a few more missions opened up. I played a few missions with someone already and it was great. Can't wait to see what kind of fun can be had with this!

ViolentP

duckroll said:
Depends if PSN is on tonight I guess!

Christ I'm a fool. I've been listening to gripes about the PSN so long now that my brain has looped back to when I didn't know about it.

TheSeks

Well, no one is in World G to co-op with, and PSN is back up. :(

Oh well, guess I'll try co-op mode later. Maybe when I have some better items.

duckroll

Yeah, sorry ViolentP. We were going to go for a round against Tigerex, but it seems you came at a really bad time. Adhoc Party started shitting its pants and dropping rooms. >_<

We'll try again tomorrow.

ViolentP

It's all good, gents. I'm down to give it another shot tonight. At least it gave me the time to take down that damned
tank!

TheSeks

Hah, Kev's the only person in that room right now. :D

Just finished chapter 4, I'm ready to go into more spoiler territories in co-ops now. Also wanna try some sneaking missions. Anyone wanna start S Ranking stuff?

EekTheKat

I pretty much just got caught up to my Japanese version playthrough on my US playthrough, so I'll be trying to dive into ad-hoc party soon.

Anyone still up for this? I'd like to play the whole game in coop only (where supported, only, of course). I'm literally one the first coop-capable mission and don't want to proceed solo at all. :lol

This is my first foray into this sub-forum, so I'm not sure how dead it is.

EekTheKat

Heh I'll probably hop on for a few games later tonight. Going to look in the G22 lobby first before looking around for a public game.

Did a few coop games with a random guy and had a lot of fun with it. Ended the session with one of the harder missions and we got murdered badly :lol

Nos_G

Anyone up for some Peacewalker? I need some help with that
first LAV-Type G battle

I'm in World G, lobby 22. pass is believe

Top Bottom