• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Slug Advance TGS Impressions - Slowness almost gone!

Soul4ger

So with the speed up to par now and the level designs seeming polished (if a bit straightforward -- we haven't seen any flying or swimming areas or anything along those lines), the game is coming together nicely. It was a tough call to see if the developers could replicate the feeling of playing the arcade games on the GBA, but they've come close with the TGS version.

Not sure if anyone is looking forward to it much, but I've been more than upset at the string of delays. Really hope it turns out well, all-around.

Here's the entire article: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3134875

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i was expecting this to be terrible after hearing the E3 reports, but hell! it's turned out pretty damned good....

i fear for the Ps2 3d version though, it looks pretty bad.

XS+

Banned
MS Advance looked alrite from what I saw.. alot of the sprites seem to be ripped straight from past MS games so it at least looks faithful to the originals.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that's surprising. it's been delayed over and over, and the e3 version was a disaster. good to hear it's shaping up.

besides the slowdown, i was concerned that the sprites were too big for the screen resolution. seems like they're just using the neo geo sprites, and haven't scaled them down at all. made the game seem very limited and cramped. any thoughts from someone who's played the newer build?

Top Bottom