• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroidvanias With Great Combat - Recommendations

Hugely underrated game. Strider was my first non Sonic Genesis game and I've got a ton of nostalgia for it. Shame the reboot wasn't more successful. I don't think it had anything to do with it's quality.
My only beef was the typically bland 2.5D backgrounds but I beat it several times and it was great otherwise. Also came out at a time when it wasn't the retro cashgrab thing to do.

Dr. Suchong

H2x1_NSwitch_OriAndTheWillOfTheWisps_image1600w.jpg
Love using the hammer in this.

KàIRóS

I ended up playing this one, thanks to those that suggested it, it's really really good, like seriously I would at least give it a 9/10, I don't know how these amazing games just go under the radar like that, It's very Castlevania-esque with a bunch of equipment to gather and make different builds and I really liked how they made the story kinda like Chrono Trigger or Nier Automata in the way that you get a bunch of endings until you eventually get the true ending after a lot of exploration, totally recommended.

I bought a few others you guys suggested, I'll update if I end up liking any of them, I think I've found some cool hidden gems thanks to you guys (y)

Last edited:
Top Bottom