• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS 3 JPN's date + boxart

king zell

Dec 2nd 2004

mgs3.jpg

BOTY & GOTY

http://www.videogamerx.net

that boxart sucks. Too much like MGS2's stuf. I'd rather have some of the 60's-esque stylized art that was released when the game was first announced on the cover.

Chrono

Banned
I like it. It's not too different then MGS2's but it's good. :)

Actually I came into this thread to say that king zell's avatar is the stuff of nightmares. :(

The US one should look something like this:

drno.gif

They're basing alot of this game on 007 according to Kojima, so might as well do something similar to the old posters.

evil ways

I wish they would've gone with that pic of "Snake" pointing a gun to the side with the soviet and american flag designs on his clothing, just like in the first trailer.

By the way, anybody got a pic of that I could use perhaps for a banner, avatar or wallpaper?

evil ways said:
I wish they would've gone with that pic of "Snake" pointing a gun to the side with the soviet and american flag designs on his clothing, just like in the first trailer.

By the way, anybody got a pic of that I could use perhaps for a banner, avatar or wallpaper?

home_camouflage_17.gif

I actually kinda like it. You really can tell that it's Big Boss, and not Solid Snake. Do we have a final version of the US box art yet?

aku:jiki

Ninja Scooter said:
that boxart sucks. Too much like MGS2's stuf. I'd rather have some of the 60's-esque stylized art that was released when the game was first announced on the cover.
IAWTP and pretty much all the other posts in this thread. Not adopting the whole 60's thing is kinda lame.

We'll get it first, it's been set for a November release in the US for a few months now. It's not official from Konami, but it seems likely that's when we'll get it.

White Man

It will likely only be a few days to a week sooner, correct? I was sort of hoping we'd get MGS3 before Halo 2 and GTA:SA hit. Even though MGS3 is my most anticipated game of the year, I know I'll end up playing the other 2 games more off the bat. I'll likely go through MGS3 once, take a break, and then come back a few times to tinker around.

It's November 15 according to EB, but a few weeks ago it was November 2nd, so it's been moving back and forth in November. Some site reported recently that it was going to be October, but that doesn't seem too likely.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I think November 15th is pretty much set in stone.

By the way, I'm digging the print campaign. Scanned from the October PSM:

busheater.jpg

Socreges

Banned
A Cold War setting has so much potential. Which is why, even if they focus a lot on story, I hope they keep things pretty straight-forward. It can be just as entertaining without constant twists or peculiar characters.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I like the boxart. It'll look nice when you put it side by side with MGS2

And someone give me the latest PSM so I can scan it at a higher res :p

Goreomedy said:
I think November 15th is pretty much set in stone.

By the way, I'm digging the print campaign. Scanned from the October PSM:

busheater.jpg

I can already see the GameFaqs board getting pissed at this. There was a giant post on one of the MGS posts about conspiracy theories on Kojima hating America and putting hints of it in his games. This will fit right into that.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
SolidSnakex said:
I can already see the GameFaqs board getting pissed at this. There was a giant post on one of the MGS posts about conspiracy theories on Kojima hating America and putting hints of it in his games. This will fit right into that.

They should know Kojima has said many times that he makes these games for his Western fans. And that he's most influenced by our media. That's why we've been getting these games first. :)

But yeah, they're obviously taking a swipe at the current administration with this ad. It also ties into the game's repeating history theme.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm just waiting for the mass dissapointment when you leave the jungle 2 hours into the game and get to play Raiden running around a garbage dump for the rest.

I love the boxart. I hope we get the same boxart in the US. I wouldn't mind a James Bond themed boxart, but this one is excellent.

btw, do we get this game before Japan? I've been waiting too long for this game

Troidal

The Dec 2nd release date is a database error on HMV Japan.
Videogamerx got the info from there so it's no lies.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/Product/Detail.asp?sku=1818269

But here's some interesting news.
If you preorder on HMV Japan's website, you get a "Metal Gear Solid 3 First Bite" disc which HMV dubs it as Premium Key Disc, whatever that is. A soundtrack, data CD? Who knows.

news-0041.jpg

Solid

Nice!

Still no word if this will hit Europe this year or next? I really liked Twin Snakes simultaneous release.

"If you preorder on HMV Japan's website, you get a "Metal Gear Solid 3 First Bite" disc which HMV dubs it as Premium Key Disc, whatever that is. A soundtrack, data CD? Who knows."

Kinda sounds like it could be the E3 premiere. Probably with footage of Kojima and the gang going to E3 and what they did there.

Deepthroat said:
Nice!

Still no word if this will hit Europe this year or next? I really liked Twin Snakes simultaneous release.
I remember when I had to wait for MGS2 whilst living in England, it was hell. Im just gonna say to you good luck waiting:p

hirokazu

i like the boxart.

Deepthroat said:
I really liked Twin Snakes simultaneous release.

...you calling TTS (PAL) being 3 weeks later a simultaneous release?! ain't simultaneous to me... better than usual though, but >=|

Solid

hirokazu said:
i like the boxart.

...you calling TTS (PAL) being 3 weeks later a simultaneous release?! ain't simultaneous to me...
If you compare 3 weeks to 3 months I'd say that's quite close to the US release :|

I hope its released in Pal land this year.

IF its released in 2005 at least they should make a Bonus Documentary DvD like they did for Sons Of Liberty.

One good reason to wait for. (still watch the mgs2 docu for the trailers alone)

Top Bottom