• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Bay attacked on 'Transformers 4' set in Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think the Triads would be smart enough to not mess with a foreign big name film director, but i guess not. These guys were probably just low level goons though.

Michael Bay is the best. I love him so.

cameronarnoldlaughpspsy.gif

More and more, Michael Bay's shooting style is what you could call 'The Ineffectual Showman'. He will rig up some very cool looking, technically complicated stylistic shots that eschew all sense of substance or affectation. His approach seems to be entirely about how the shot looks, and never about what the shot is communicating - whether at a narrative level or simply in terms of scale.

360 camera rigs to cover a conversation between Shia and whatserface? Adds depth to towers in the distance so that they certainly look three-dimensional, but then lose all sense of relative scale. Don't even get me started on his use of pyrotechnics. He's the only man in Hollywood who can make explosions seem downright boring. He uses them so often and to so little effect that they're literally robbed of any sense of kinetic energy.

G-Fex

More and more, Michael Bay's shooting style is what you could call 'The Ineffectual Showman'. He will rig up some very cool looking, technically complicated stylistic shots that eschew all sense of substance or affectation. His approach seems to be entirely about how the shot looks, and never about what the shot is communicating - whether at a narrative level or simply in terms of scale.

360 camera rigs to cover a conversation between Shia and whatserface? Adds depth to towers in the distance so that they certainly look three-dimensional, but then lose all sense of relative scale. Don't even get me started on his use of pyrotechnics. He's the only man in Hollywood who can make explosions seem downright boring. He uses them so often and to so little effect that they're literally robbed of any sense of kinetic energy.

I don't disagree with any of this

haikira

Hear, hear!

zulfate

I think this is obvious by now. He is the fucking 4th of july of cinema.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom