• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Micromania Game Show / "French E3"

http://www.play2news.com/dossier.php?id=17 Lots of photos and videos of the Micromania Games Show, a new videogame show in France. Seems like it was interesting with Metroid 2, Halo 2 or DBZ Budokai 3.

mgs2004_034.jpg
mgs2004_033.jpg

mgs2004_032.jpg

mgs2004_031.jpg

mgs2004_030.jpg

mgs2004_035.jpg

mgs2004_036.jpg

mgs2004_037.jpg

mgs2004_038.jpg

mgs2004_039.jpg

mgs2004_040.jpg

Blimblim

The Inside Track
IBWFJ (In Before White Flag Joke)
Anyway, I would not call this the french E3 or anything like that. This games show is for the best customers of Micromania (our local EB Games) and only presents the games to be released in the next few months (until christmas or a bit more depending on the publisher).
Sadly this is the only games show worth that name in France so everyone has to be there. Nintendo had the best booth by far, with many games presented on high quality screens. Sony had a nice booth too, but the demo screens were as bad as the one from Microsoft.
I went there on the private micromania employees day so I had some time to try a few games. Mario Tennis and Donkey Konga pretty much rocked the show for me (and I'm the webmaster of a Xbox site, so I'm definitely not biased ;)).

Chittagong

Gold Member
For a sec I thought that Dreamcast had made a comeback, but then I snapped out of it and realized it was a sign for a water hose. :-(

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Woah, Nintendo actually had the best (and most slutty dressed) girls.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
mgs2004_040.jpg

etiolate said:
All the geeks with their cameras up.
Check out King Geek in the bottom right, posing for a picture with some kind of half-assed thumbs-up.

Deg

Banned
Blimblim said:
IBWFJ (In Before White Flag Joke)
Anyway, I would not call this the french E3 or anything like that. This games show is for the best customers of Micromania (our local EB Games) and only presents the games to be released in the next few months (until christmas or a bit more depending on the publisher).
Sadly this is the only games show worth that name in France so everyone has to be there. Nintendo had the best booth by far, with many games presented on high quality screens. Sony had a nice booth too, but the demo screens were as bad as the one from Microsoft.
I went there on the private micromania employees day so I had some time to try a few games. Mario Tennis and Donkey Konga pretty much rocked the show for me (and I'm the webmaster of a Xbox site, so I'm definitely not biased ;)).

Gamestars had some nice tvs but all of them were so fuzzy. The only good ones were the Xbox Live stand(the guy there was cool :) ) and the one that had Far Cry pc running :eek: :eek: beside the pc games stuff which were all small i may add. At GS Nintendo did fine. EA pretty much stole the show with PES4 being the biggest game.

IgeL

Is there a site listing all the game shows in the world? I never knew about this... seems okayish.

Oh, and what's up with the French using a space before ! or ? I never understood it (and it looks so damn stupid).

Edit: Can someone link me to the show's official site?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
As far as I can tell there is no official page for the show (at least for this year). Like I said it's a private show for Micromania employees and best customers so there is not much point in putting together a big website for this.

IgeL

Okay... it must really suck for France then. Over 50 million people and not even one good game show? Unbelievable. (Well at least you've got Game Connection for the biz side, should be good.)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The micromania games show is decent enough I guess, and since it's not 100% public you get a chance to play most of the games. But yeah it sucks we can't have a good show like Game Convention in Leipzig or the EGN in London. Maybe next year.

Top Bottom