• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces Xbox Adaptive Joystick

Topher

Gold Member

More accessibility options.....

3D Printable Files for Adaptive Thumbstick Toppers, Now Available Through Xbox Design Lab

Image of the various 3D thumbstick toppers

8BitDo Lite SE 2.4G Wireless Controller, Designed for Xbox

8BitDo Lite SE 2.4G Wireless Controller image

ByoWave Proteus Controller, Designed for Xbox

ByoWave Proteus controller image

Bob Odenkirk GIF by The Office

Last edited:

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
I hope Ben Heck gets one and makes a review, he has been modding joysticks for people in need for over a decade.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
bundled with DLC code a year of Rainbow Six Siege premium and early access to the new Wheel Team Six operator.

Say what you will about Microsoft and their consoles, but their inclusivity for disabled gamers with their adaptive controllers is awesome. Every story I hear of people with disabilities that thought they could never play a video game, and them finding the Xbox adaptive controller, they always make me smile.

Pagusas

Elden Member
This is one of the areas that I feel shows us why we need a player like Microsoft in the market. I don't think you'd ever see Sony make these kind of things, at least not without someone else doing it first. I've hated on a lot of things MS has done the last 2 generations, but this one area is a GIANT kudos to them.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member

More accessibility options.....

3D Printable Files for Adaptive Thumbstick Toppers, Now Available Through Xbox Design Lab

Image of the various 3D thumbstick toppers

8BitDo Lite SE 2.4G Wireless Controller, Designed for Xbox

8BitDo Lite SE 2.4G Wireless Controller image

ByoWave Proteus Controller, Designed for Xbox

ByoWave Proteus controller image

Bob Odenkirk GIF by The Office

This is great actually because those controllers gop beyond consoles. 8bitdo is especially cool, but their contorollers are pure quality (rocking my 8bitdo ultimate for a yer now).

Aenima

“Thumbstick Toppers”, huh?
SkvqXi3.jpeg

squints-fry.gif
I hate (not really) that this was my 1st thought when i saw the thumbsticks.

Anyway great iniciative from MS, they have been doing these kind of controllers for a while and even Sony did one for PS5 not too long ago. So its great that they making things easier for more ppl to be able to enjoy games.

I still remember seeing Blolylegs playing and competing at a professional level in Street Fighter tournaments, just using a normal X360 controller and his mouth.

Top Bottom