• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Email (Xbox) account vanished.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
What can I say but what a load of shit. My games plus 18 months of Gamepass and a lot of important emails.
When I try to contact support I have to enter my email and it says it doesn't exist and phone lines closed until tomorrow but not showing any numbers to ring. Anyone else ever had this?

kiphalfton

Last edited:

SenkiDala

Yes checked multiple times and on different devices. When I try to log into Xbox it asks me to put in my password and there is a completely different email to mine. Seems like I've been hacked or something.
How can a totally different email can be in your device ? It is saved locally in the cache... Maybe someone else is using your device (computer or whatever).

Yes I have checked on other Laptop and phone plus other Xbox.
idk why im playing tech support here, but have you tried having them send emails to that account? if theres no bounce back, the email will still exist
also if you played this on xbox, why cant you log into it? did you manually log in to it (entering username and password) everytime you played?

whats your gamertag- see if you can get support for it via that?

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
idk why im playing tech support here, but have you tried having them send emails to that account? if theres no bounce back, the email will still exist
also if you played this on xbox, why cant you log into it? did you manually log in to it (entering username and password) everytime you played?

whats your gamertag- see if you can get support for it via that?
No I just selected Gamertag.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Strange though I can still access PC Gampass games but I'm auto log in with that, so I think if I were to logout I wouldn't get back in there.

Banjo64

cumsessed
What can I say but what a load of shit. My games plus 18 months of Gamepass and a lot of important emails.
When I try to contact support I have to enter my email and it says it doesn't exist and phone lines closed until tomorrow but not showing any numbers to ring. Anyone else ever had this?
When the shareholders demand cuts they don’t discriminate based on employment status

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm getting flashbacks of M Mooreberg ...

Dude literally threw away a 20 year old GAF out of embarrassment. Sad way to go.

Austin Pour One Out GIF by Pixel Bandits

Nonehxc

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
My account has in been hacked. Been chatting and sorting for 2hours case has been moved to higher level ( can't remember the phrase they used)
They will be in touch in 24-72 hours.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Well its been over 72hrs and I've heard fuck all from them. Just got off chat again which I had to jump through hoops to eventually get to and I feel I've been given the same old bullshit answers.
Just be warned Ladies and Gentlemen this could be you and your digital library in the future.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Well its been over 72hrs and I've heard fuck all from them. Just got off chat again which I had to jump through hoops to eventually get to and I feel I've been given the same old bullshit answers.
Just be warned Ladies and Gentlemen this could be you and your digital library in the future.

MS accounts offer four ways of 2FA. You should've had all four active and up to date.

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
Sorry for your problems, but that is why I went 100% physical. If you dont't hold it, you don't own it.

Bit offtopic but many people will suffer in finacial realm aswell if theirs wealth is all in paper and stocks and futures or crypto. It will be gone in a blink of an eye.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Bit offtopic but many people will suffer in finacial realm aswell if theirs wealth is all in paper and stocks and futures or crypto. It will be gone in a blink of an eye.

So you keep all your money in your house? No bank?

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
So you keep all your money in your house? No bank?
I don't want to derail this thread, but BlackTron BlackTron is right for what I meant. But also I keep in house safe like 50% of my cash (but it is not much in general terms). The safe can survive atomic blast not to mention simple fire or explosion.

SHA

Yes checked multiple times and on different devices. When I try to log into Xbox it asks me to put in my password and there is a completely different email to mine. Seems like I've been hacked or something.
Is it a ms or Google email account? Cause I kinda fucked up with my gmail and realized it's worthless compared to outlook. long story short, Google wants you to use it frequently but they did a poor job to give you valid reasons for that, it's like they're shooting themselves on the foot, it's their fault, ms just outsmarted them, it is what it is.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Is it a ms or Google email account? Cause I kinda fucked up with my gmail and realized it's worthless compared to outlook. long story short, Google wants you to use it frequently but they did a poor job to give you valid reasons for that, it's like they're shooting themselves on the foot, it's their fault, ms just outsmarted them, it is what it is.
What are you talking about?

sendit

My account has in been hacked. Been chatting and sorting for 2hours case has been moved to higher level ( can't remember the phrase they used)
They will be in touch in 24-72 hours.
Your account has been hacked. Meaning you probably didn't have 2FA enabled which you stated you did earlier. Rookie mistake.

Top Bottom