• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has passed on Empire of the Ants for Game Pass

ManaByte

The game is out November 7th, but the dev posted on Reddit that they were negotiating with MS to put it on Game Pass but MS passed on it:

Huge bummer for the devs, can't imagine the disappointment after being in talks for months.

Hopefully it wasn't cause they were asking for too much money

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
As MS first-party expands, the more picky they can afford to be with third-parties. Low-balling or straight-up passing is going to be increasingly common as the logic becomes why pay someone else when we can pay ourselves.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I suspect he knows, why is why he said:

‘am’ =/= ‘was’

Gotta watch those tenses.
They know. Idiots. I've explained dozens of times that I buy more games than probably both of them combined, literally. Just ignore it. I think I'm also the only one on this site that's included this on my lists for games to buy multiple times already. It's never been announced for GP so I wasn't planning on GP. Just waiting on reviews.

Even if I was only waiting on GP games, who cares? FYI, I'm not and I never have done that. Just straight up useless console war trolling, and it's not even accurate. Literally no one even said they're skipping this if it's not on GP. Barely anyone even knows this game exists.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
They know. Idiots. I've explained dozens of times that I buy more games than probably both of them combined, literally. Just ignore it. I think I'm also the only one on this site that's included this on my lists for games to buy multiple times already. It's never been announced for GP so I wasn't planning on GP. Just waiting on reviews.

Even if I was only waiting on GP games, who cares? FYI, I'm not and I never have done that. Just straight up useless console war trolling, and it's not even accurate. Literally no one even said they're skipping this if it's not on GP. Barely anyone even knows this game exists.

Receipts indeed.

In which case it shouldn't have been prefaced with "lame".

There is nothing "lame" about purchasing a game you are allegedly looking forward to.

Getting it on a subscription service he’s already on allows him to save that money and put it towards something else.
he says he’s waiting for reviews. A GP deal would have eliminated that risk.

Punished Miku

Receipts indeed.

Getting it on a subscription service he’s already on allows him to save that money and put it towards something else.
What's even more hilarious is even the devs are bummed and wanted a GP deal. The only people that seem to care about this argument are the same 10 or so trolls on here that have done that for literally years. Here they have to invent people saying things to keep the trolling going.

GHG

Receipts indeed.

Reciepts my arse. The thread asks what you're buying (buying, not playing) day one and he's listing a bunch of gamepass stuff.

If you're genuinely interested in a game, gamepass or not shouldn't change that, the process of looking at reviews will remain the same regardless. The good news for the devs though is that people who want to play it will need to make a purchase in order to do so. Nothing "lame" about that.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Reciepts my arse. The thread asks what you're buying (buying, not playing) day one and he's listing a bunch of gamepass stuff.

And if you took even a cursory look at that post, you’d see there’s no ‘GP’ beside Empire of Ants there.
In any of those posts. Basically by July this year, he was planning to buy Empire of Ants.

Was it really that hard to read both posts in good faith?

If you're genuinely interested in a game, gamepass or not shouldn't change that, the process of looking at reviews will remain the same regardless.

Where did you hear he’s lost interest in the game?

The good news for the devs though is that people who want to play it will need to make a purchase in order to do so. Nothing "lame" about that.

You think the devs weren’t going to get paid for a GP deal? A deal the devs themselves sought?

GHG

And if you took even a cursory look at that post, you’d see there’s no ‘GP’ beside Empire of Ants there.
In any of those posts. Basically by July this year, he was planning to buy Empire of Ants.

Was it really that hard to read both posts in good faith?

I read it in the context of his full reply where he states he purchases more games than myself (and whoever else) put together. Which, based on that, is factually bullshit, even if you include the (GP) nonsense.

Where did you hear he’s lost interest in the game?

Well let's see if he follows through with that day one purchase.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

You think the devs weren’t going to get paid for a GP deal? A deal the devs themselves sought?

Is there anything to suggest Microsoft didn't approach them for the proposed deal? Regardless, it's clear an agreement couldn't be made. Either they wanted too much money in Microsoft's eyes or Microsoft changed their mind.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

I bought probably 10 games this month. I've pre-ordered Zelda. I've already pre-ordered Dragon Quest 3. I'm pre-ordering Slitterhead as soon as it's allowed on the store. I'm waiting on reviews on Empire of Ants, as I literally said months ago. This is why you should ignore him O Ozriel , he's a loser that just talks shit and never stops. We've had this conversation about me supposedly never buying games literally dozens of times. It's LITERALLY pointless to respond. Maybe a mod could respond and deal with the totally baseless trolling and console warring, but other than that, no reply is warranted at this point.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Shame, would have tried it. I don’t think GP needs any more November games though between Flight Sim and Stalker 2.

Top Bottom