• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Missing! Please call if found!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Instead of chasing the shitty live service buck, there is money sitting on the table.

Half life 3
Burnout fuckit
GTA 6 (after 13 years will it come next year?)
True main stream Castlevania main sequel
Fzero whatever
Metroid prime 4
Bloodbourne 2
Skies of Arcadia remake
New punchout
Fallout 5
Sega sports nfl football
Hades 2
Gears of war : non woke edition
Full remake of FF6
Full Zelda link to the past rebuild

That is my short list that I could keep going. Most of that list I would get the house would sell very well if done properly.

Fahdis

No, Gen Z want Gacha and GAAS. You boomers need to understand the importance of repetition which is doing the same thing over and over again and online e-peen status of my k/d or my win/loss or my score ratios. I love microtransactions, every lootbox gives me an erection, buying skins for my fortnite/rocket league avatar/car makes me feel validated and finally my guns need to have cute rainbows and unicorns on it while they glow pink neon. Also, every game I buy is for 3 other friends who also dye their hair different colors and change genders and pronouns depending on the day of the week. I don't wanna hear your shit. /s

diffusionx

Gold Member
Most people don't give a shit about that stuff. Like, Skies of Arcadia was not a popular game when it was new. It's possible it might do okay with good word of mouth but Sega is probably smarter to just fund another Persona. Stuff like F-Zero, realistically how many people care?

Like, it's time to realize this industry is not for us anymore.

Last edited:

Codeblew

GTA6
RDR3
Garden Warfare 3
Awesomenauts Assemble 2
GT8
Completely new WOW.
Hopefully Diablo 4 expansion doesn't suck
Flight Simulator on PS5 with Pro enhancements
More chill/casual MP games (non-fps).

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Instead of chasing the shitty live service buck, there is money sitting on the table.

Half life 3
Burnout fuckit
Fzero whatever
Metroid prime 4
Bloodbourne 2
Skies of Arcadia remake
New punchout
Fallout 5
Sega sports nfl football
Hades 2
Full remake of FF6

That is my short list that I could keep going. Most of that list I would get the house would sell very well if done properly.
Or how about a new IP rather than rehashing sequels?!

Nydius

Or how about a new IP rather than rehashing sequels?!
Some of these games have been gone so long that they'd practically be new IPs to a lot of people.
F-Zero, for example, hasn't had a new entry in twenty years! (Twenty-one if you don't count the GBA games.)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Most people don't give a shit about that stuff. Like, Skies of Arcadia was not a popular game when it was new. It's possible it might do okay with good word of mouth but Sega is probably smarter to just fund another Persona. Stuff like F-Zero, realistically how many people care?

Like, it's time to realize this industry is not for us anymore.

Well, keep in mind that yesterday's cult classic has, in plenty of cases, led to much bigger successes when the franchise was given another shot. You mentioned that Sega would be smarter to fund another Persona, but keep in mind that Persona really didn't make it big until P4, and then exploded with P5. Same deal with the Yakuza series, which was irrelevant in the west until Y0. Skies has had enough positive word of mouth over the years that it absolutely would have a shot at real success now.

Z O N E

As much as I would love Starcraft 3... didn't 1 microtransaction in WoW make more money than all of Starcraft 2?

Resistance Remake/Trilogy
Resistance 4
Warhawk 2
Tribes 3 (made by the original Dynamix team, not the wannabes that have the IP now)

Last edited:

Orangee

Neo Member
If Sony made a LittleBigPlanet game that actually works, they could print money from all the DLCs mtx. I am surprised they went into live service and didnt even try It.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'd buy Burnout Fuckit in a heartbeat.

But how about Metal Gear Rising 2, Dragon's Crown 2 or Dragon's Dogma 3 and 4?

Midn1ght

SLEEPING MOTHERFUCKING DOGS 2

Twd2.gif

and Mirror's Edge 3.

Thank you.

Ozriel

M$FT

Half life 3
Burnout fuckit
Fzero whatever
Metroid prime 4
Bloodbourne 2
Skies of Arcadia remake
New punchout
Fallout 5
Sega sports nfl football
Hades 2
Full remake of FF6

Lol @ you making this thread and not realizing that Hades 2 is already out.

Ozriel

M$FT
Only in early access tho.

Yeah but it’s up for sale, and the game can be fully beaten.

Aside this, it’s weird for him to scold developers over games like Metroid Prime 4 and GTA6 where release is relatively imminent.

Some others there aren’t exactly major sellers like he thinks. I wouldn’t bet big bucks on a new Fzero game selling gangbusters, for example.

Why does he think ‘Sega sports nfl football’ would sell anything?

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Half life 3
Burnout fuckit
Fzero whatever
Metroid prime 4
Bloodbourne 2
Skies of Arcadia remake
New punchout
Fallout 5
Sega sports nfl football
Hades 2
Full remake of FF6

I will bite:

HL3 - nobody cares, HL2 has Steam peak at 16k
Burnout - nobody cares
GTA6 - coming next year for $80, and fuckton of microtransactions
Castlevania - nobody cares
Fzero - no worries, Nintendo will make it at some point ; same shit like always, $60 price tag
Metroid Prime - idem.
Bloodborne 2 - Sony is not interested, let it go
SoA - nobody cares
Punchout - who?
Fallout 5 - after ESVI, see you in 2030
Sega Sports - nobody cares
Hades 2 - coming
Gears of War - nobody cares, if Halo didin't do it why you think Gears will?
FF6 remake - everybody wants that, so that will be a no
Zelda - no worries, you will get your sub-60 remake for full price

Branded

It was? Huh.
Yeah the developer Antimatter (of Rising Storm fame) got shut down last year and their in-development projects didn't find a home somewhere else. So both '83 and I.G.I. Origins are no more.

Last edited:

Hudo

Yeah the developer Antimatter (of Rising Storm fame) got shut down last year and their in-development projects didn't find a home somewhere else. So both '83 and I.G.I. Origins are no more.
Wow. I've missed that completely. Including the shutdown of Antimatter.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Games nowdays are made with profit in mind, if suits dont think there will be profits for those games they will never be made

Top Bottom