• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Missing! Please call if found!

Vyse

Gold Member
Most people don't give a shit about that stuff. Like, Skies of Arcadia was not a popular game when it was new. It's possible it might do okay with good word of mouth but Sega is probably smarter to just fund another Persona. Stuff like F-Zero, realistically how many people care?

Like, it's time to realize this industry is not for us anymore.
Shut your mouth. 😀

intbal

Soulcalibur VI was released in 2018. Time for a new one.
There hasn't been a legitimate Batman game released since Arkham Knight in 2015.

I would be begging for a new Splinter Cell game if not for the fact that Ubisoft no longer employs developers with sufficient talent to make a good one.
Also, Blacklist sold less than half what they expected, so I doubt they ever revisit the series besides the upcoming remake (which I expect to be done on the cheap).

Finally, Daikatana 2, where you at???

Has to be a 2 first…and don’t you dare say Cross is part 2 🤔😂
Man.. I was so damned disappointed with Chrono Cross. I have to be in the absolute minority, here. By the time I was fighting the last boss and listening to the awesome music that accompanied it, I just wanted it to end. I got the rainbow shit, made the end game stuff and was just through with it. Chrono Trigger, on the other hand...That game was so attractive to me that I didn't even mind grinding battles because I wanted to see all of the spells and loved techs. Toriyama's designs do a better job of selling the characters, too. I believe the lack of that hurt CC, for me.

Radical_3d

MotorStorm: Monument Valley Remake.
The full 2005 trailer experience.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology!
jump.gif

Instead of chasing the shitty live service buck, there is money sitting on the table.

That is my short list that I could keep going. Most of that list I would get the house would sell very well if done properly.
A small anecdote from Jason Hall (Dev on StarCraft 2)

"The 15€ Sparkly Horse Armor DLC in WoW made more money than StarCraft 2"

So I doubt many managers would agree with your "money sitting on the table" sentiment and rather continue trying to hit it big with any kind of service game.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Can’t wait to get GTA 6, everything else… there’s slight buzz for everything else. Of course final fantasy 7 part 3, I think death stranding 2.

Nydius

Gears of War - nobody cares, if Halo didin't do it why you think Gears will?

In every one of the “Microsoft game coming to PlayStation” rumor threads, Gears of War is continually brought up around here as one of the game franchises people want to see go multiplatform. There’s already rampant speculation that Gears of War: E-Day will be multiplatform.

That doesn’t sound like a game that “nobody cares” about. If they did a Marcus Fenix collection remaster and dropped it on PS5, it would probably sell like crazy.

Krathoon

Gold Member
There needs to be a Maximo 3 and a Mega Man Legends 3.

Those are both series that Capcom abandoned.

They were supposed to be trilogies.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Some of these games have been gone so long that they'd practically be new IPs to a lot of people.
F-Zero, for example, hasn't had a new entry in twenty years! (Twenty-one if you don't count the GBA games.)
Yeah. Anything 20 years or older get a pass. A sequel would be ok then.

Nickolaidas

Turrican 4
Xenogears 2
Final Fantasy VII: Tifa, Aerith and Jessie vs the World
Dino Crisis Remake
Devil May Cry 6
D&D: The Search for Badass Men

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I think there is a decent chance Bloodborne will get a remake for PS6 but I’d like a sequel or PC release. I’m not going to get too hopeful for anything.

GTA 6 is coming. It’s just going to be a long wait. Maybe a new trailer later this year. It’s meant to be out late next year but I’m prepared for 2026 release.

Half Life 3 will never happen.

Where the hell is Persona 6???? I don’t think we’ve heard anything. We just got 5 Tactica and 3 Reload. SMTVV. Metaphor is coming soon. And there is Persona 5 Phantom X mobile game. But all I want is P6.

I’d like a rebooted World of Warcraft. Completely new version of it built from scratch with better engine/graphics etc. Maybe after the next 3 expansions release but I doubt it.

I want an Overwatch MMO or even just a single player game.

Last edited:
Man.. I was so damned disappointed with Chrono Cross. I have to be in the absolute minority, here. By the time I was fighting the last boss and listening to the awesome music that accompanied it, I just wanted it to end. I got the rainbow shit, made the end game stuff and was just through with it. Chrono Trigger, on the other hand...That game was so attractive to me that I didn't even mind grinding battles because I wanted to see all of the spells and loved techs. Toriyama's designs do a better job of selling the characters, too. I believe the lack of that hurt CC, for me.
100% agree. Cross was a slog and not enjoyable at all to me.

I will bite:

HL3 - nobody cares, HL2 has Steam peak at 16k
Burnout - nobody cares
GTA6 - coming next year for $80, and fuckton of microtransactions
Castlevania - nobody cares
Fzero - no worries, Nintendo will make it at some point ; same shit like always, $60 price tag
Metroid Prime - idem.
Bloodborne 2 - Sony is not interested, let it go
SoA - nobody cares
Punchout - who?
Fallout 5 - after ESVI, see you in 2030
Sega Sports - nobody cares
Hades 2 - coming
Gears of War - nobody cares, if Halo didin't do it why you think Gears will?
FF6 remake - everybody wants that, so that will be a no
Zelda - no worries, you will get your sub-60 remake for full price
* Bolding added by myself.

How Dare You Greta GIF

Last edited:

Dutchy

In every one of the “Microsoft game coming to PlayStation” rumor threads, Gears of War is continually brought up around here as one of the game franchises people want to see go multiplatform.
I think you're confusing wanting to see with expecting to see. Franchise lost most of it's value and good will so it would make sense to at least try and introduce it to a new playerbase as a last resort.

I can't imagine more than a few people on the entirety of this forum who are geniunely excited for a game most of us already have played and the remaining people don't even like, to appear on a different platform.

C&C Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun deserve a great Remastered Collection too!

I'll add Zone of the Enders 3. Maybe Konami could ask From Software :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Top Bottom