• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistrial Declared in Murder-For-Hire Case Tied to 'Cops'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

A hung jury has led to a mistrial in the case of a Florida woman accused of trying to hire a hit man to murder her newlywed husband.

Judge Glenn Kelley declared the mistrial Wednesday in Dalia Dippolito's trial after the four-woman, two-man panel said it could not reach a verdict. They had deliberated for nine hours over two days.

It was not immediately known if prosecutors will try Dippolito a third time. She was convicted in 2011 but that verdict and 20-year sentence were thrown out on appeal.

The case gained national attention after millions saw videos of her trying to hire the hit man on the television show "Cops" and online. In one, she told an undercover police officer she was "5,000 percent sure" she wanted him to kill her then-husband, Michael Dippolito.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Monocle

I DON'T KNOW WHY WE'RE YELLING BUT I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I'M GLAD TO HAVE THIS CHANCE TO EXPRESS MYSELF

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
image.php

Is there more to this story? If there is video evidence of her trying to hire a hitman, then where's the ambiguity?

She hired an undercover cop posed as a hitman and it was all on video. Thats why they set up the fake crime scene to get her. I'm not sure how simple it has to get for the jury at that point.

Ducarmel

Reading her new lawyers defense, I don't think I could find her guilty if what he is saying is true about the department being more interested being on cops then doing a proper investigation.

Kacho

Gold Member
What a damn show. It was fascinating to follow but I can't believe she's getting away with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom