• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ENhfUne.png

Chris R

Pitch clock doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

But only if the pitcher isn't penalized for all the bullshit batters do between each and every single pitch.

Fjordson

Giants parade was awesome. Hunter Pence is the man.

Pablo's free agency was brought up like five times. Was kinda awkward. Even the Mayor mentioned it lol. Good show otherwise.

zulux21

Rosenthal said the Rays could ask for someone Baez or Russell.
No Joke, if something like that happens I'm done with baseball.

he is absolutely right, they can ask for someone like Baez or Russell... they won't get it because they aren't owned anything just because a former employee that they don't have any sort of ties to at the time got hired by another team.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Giants parade was awesome. Hunter Pence is the man.

Pablo's free agency was brought up like five times. Was kinda awkward. Even the Mayor mentioned it lol. Good show otherwise.

Wish I could have went. Only one I went to was 2010 and that was crazy

Fjordson

2010 was cable cars. 2012 was convertibles. This year was open-air double decker buses!

Leonard and Bonds were in this year's too!
Steve Perry was also running around giving people high fives :lol

And they brought out the lead singer of Train at the end to sing something...? I dunno, I bounced at that point.

JDHarbs

Royals aren't exercising Butler's option for next year.
Its looking doubtful but hopefully he gets some poor offers from other teams and decides to just make a new deal with us. Its going to be really hard seeing Butler in anything other than a Royals jersey.

I bet he'll take 8.5m from the Royals if it's for four years. In fact, I bet 8.5 in Royals bucks is equal to 10 elsewhere to him. He really wants to stay. He knows he's not worth the 12.5 club option, hell, that's what Shields was getting.

zychi

Banned
Rosenthal said the Rays could ask for someone Baez or Russell.
No Joke, if something like that happens I'm done with baseball.

Why? Didn't Maddon opt out? What do the Rays have to do? Miami Heat didn't have to trade anyone to Cle when Lebron left.

E: I love that karma is such a bitch. Giants get 3 world series after Bonds retires.

Why? Didn't Maddon opt out? What do the Rays have to do? Miami Heat didn't have to trade anyone to Cle when Lebron left.

E: I love that karma is such a bitch. Giants get 3 world series after Bonds retires.

They are contending that the reason Maddon opted out was because the Cubs contacted him and said he would get the job.

Good riddance, Estrada. For every two months that he'd pitch worthy of a spot in the rotation, the rest of the season would have him shitting it up to the extent where he'd lose his spot and be demoted to long relief. Starting him in a game later than June would be tantamount to forfeiture.

Thanks Toronto!

Good riddance, Estrada. For every two months that he'd pitch worthy of a spot in the rotation, the rest of the season would have him shitting it up to the extent where he'd lose his spot and be demoted to long relief. Starting him in a game later than June would be tantamount to forfeiture.

Good thing the Jays won't have any meaningful games post-June next year.

This is a terrible trade. Just awful. I get that Lind can't hit lefties to save his life and has little to no value in the field (which makes this a little head-scratching for the Brewers), but he was one of the best hitters in baseball against right-handers. And in return, the Jays get a somewhat expensive, fly ball-prone relief pitcher who had a negative WAR last year and a ERA well below league average. If that's the best deal AA could get, then he should be fired for gross incompetence. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

And now Justin Smoak becomes the Jays' regular first baseman? Even better!

MLBTR has their top 50 FA landing spot predictions up. They have Lester, Martin, Robertson, Masterson, and Peavy to the Cubs. Idk if I want Peavy after the postseason and would rather have Miller than Robertson.

rando14

Good thing the Jays won't have any meaningful games post-June next year.

This is a terrible trade. Just awful. I get that Lind can't hit lefties to save his life and has little to no value in the field (which makes this a little head-scratching for the Brewers), but he was one of the best hitters in baseball against right-handers. And in return, the Jays get a somewhat expensive, fly ball-prone relief pitcher who had a negative WAR last year and a ERA well below league average. If that's the best deal AA could get, then he should be fired for gross incompetence. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

And now Justin Smoak becomes the Jays' regular first baseman? Even better!

iBxoXAEt6Qcpm.gif

I forgot that the Jays would be making moves already.

I guess Estrada helps the bullpen some? Lind I liked, but he had some massive holes in his game, and he seemed prone to injury. This means of course he'll be incredible for the Brewers.

Hendriks is back from the Royals.

Smoak lol.

Morrow, McGowan and Santos gone.

Top Bottom