• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

jbmDZAmx2YPCgs_e.jpg

Opiate

Seriously... I think we're witnessing one of the best pitchers to ever play. Kershaw is unbelievable.

Really the only thing that could prevent that, at this point, would be the sort of freak injuries that have ended pitching careers much too young. There have been so many potential HoF pitchers who got hurt, lost a year, then never came back or came back but were never really the same. Even amazing pitchers like Kershaw.

Absent one of those injuries, it's difficult to imagine Kershaw not ending up top tier hall of famer; as in, not just in the hall of fame, but in the upper echelons of it, a la Walter Johnson or Randy Johnson.

Using the Braves as a simple analogy here: there's John Smoltz Hall of Fame, and then there is Greg Maddux Hall of Fame. Kershaw is the Greg Maddux kind.

Really the only thing that could prevent that, at this point, would be the sort of freak injuries that have ended pitching careers much too young. There have been so many potential HoF pitchers who got hurt, lost a year, then never came back or came back but were never really the same. Even amazing pitchers like Kershaw.

Absent one of those injuries, it's difficult to imagine Kershaw not ending up top tier hall of famer; as in, not just in the hall of fame, but in the upper echelons of it, a la Greg Maddux or Randy Johnson.

Tag quote.
Depressingly Realistic for posterity in case it changes.
But yeah, I agree. I really hope he stays healthy. Honestly his body of work already puts him in HoF contention. He's doing stuff nobody's ever done.

A 2014 line of .191/.323/.254 just took you deep. Yeah.

Put it this way: As a Giants fan, I enjoy watching Kershaw pitch. The man is unreal.

Well unless he is playing the Giants of course. We owe him a few runs or 10.

aFIGurANT

I wonder how the space-time continuum would have been affected had Puig not been hit. That felt a lot like the Holliday-Scutaro play from two years ago. Time will tell I guess.

I really don't want to be in the Detroit position come Sunday morning is all I know.

I wonder how the space-time continuum would have been affected had Puig not been hit. That felt a lot like the Holliday-Scutaro play from two years ago. Time will tell I guess.

I really don't want to be in the Detroit position come Sunday morning is all I know.

dodgers went 42-8 last year after they had the brawl with arizona

maybe kershaw should bean some guys in the locker room before games

Top Bottom