• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

Opiate

Maybe they wanted to break his ribs like they did with Hanley. That ended up working out well for them.

Let's not start crafting conspiracies, here.

I understand why it's frustrating to see your players put in danger, but calm down for a moment and think things through. If that was intentional, it was the stupidest intentional HBP ever in a (at the time) 1-0 game in the postseason. These things happen.

The Dodgers are ahead as a direct result of the HBP; I hope the Dodgers play well and, if they beat the Cardinals, have good luck in the rest of the playoffs.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, no, you're a crybaby if you're worried that the Cardinals might break the ribs of your team's players. Don't you know that?

Dodgers fans are the biggest bunch of babies ever :lol

If the Cardinals aren't intentionally hitting the Dodgers, they're at least being very reckless, which is also cause for anger. I think they're at least subconsciously throwing inside against hitters they don't like, and they've already made it abundantly clear how much they dislike Puig.

Guys, no, you're a crybaby if you're worried that the Cardinals might break the ribs of your team's players. Don't you know that?

Cardinals led all of baseball in being HBP in 2014 (mostly due to the predators on the Pirates). 25 more than the Dodgers.

Walk to first and take your base.

I don't understand what the problem is. If we all agree it's not intentional, then what's the issue?

Normally there wouldn't be a problem, but you can see why the Dodgers are angry. Hanley himself has been hit 3 times in the past year by the Cards. Puig has been hit twice. I can't remember if Gonzalez was also hit.

Jeff-DSA

Cardinals led all of baseball in being HBP in 2014 (mostly due to the predators on the Pirates). 25 more than the Dodgers.

Walk to first and take your base.

Yeah, there's no justifiable anger from the Dodgers here. It's not like they haven't intentionally injured Ramirez twice on bean balls or anything.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Besides that shitty giants/pirates game the postseason has been really good so far. Hope it continues.

Entropy912

Neo Member
I don't think Doyers Gigantes have issues on the field, do they?
It's the fan bases that go after each other.

The Dodgers and Giants have just been rivals since before they both came to CA. There was a dugout clearing incident a few weeks ago when the Dodgers beat the Giants to clinch the NL West.

Yeah, there's no justifiable anger from the Dodgers here. It's not like they haven't intentionally injured Ramirez twice on bean balls or anything.

The only intentional HBP between the Dodgers and Cardinals was when Kershaw (understandably) hit Holliday in the butt during the regular season.

zychi

Banned
The Dodgers and Giants have just been rivals since before they both came to CA. There was a dugout clearing incident a few weeks ago when the Dodgers beat the Giants to clinch the NL West.

I know that, but it's not a bad blood type of deal like Doyers/Cards or a Bos/TB.

So now both guys Wainwright's hit have gotten RBIs in this game. Also, that was a fantastic AB by Puig there. His patience is SO much better this year.

Top Bottom