• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

Askani

Sports man! SPORTS!

dYoducs.jpg

I really don't agree. I think he had two bad outings.

He's still on track to be one of the greatest pitchers of all time.

I expect more out of him. Two Brandon League type outings in important games is enough. He has to show up in these types of games.

Opiate

I want Royals fans to know that I'm rooting for you.

Is there any sort of in-state camaraderie of that nature? Or am I the only one?

I think most of the Cardinals fans here want the Royals to win, unless they're still mad about 1985

Royals are quickly becoming "America's team" or whatever this year

Opiate

Aren't old St. Louis fans still bitter about 1985?

I'm not. I'm sure some are. I don't really have a grudge against any team: my only real concern is with money in the game. I have a "grudge" against teams like the Yankees being able to spend an order of magnitude more than the Devil Rays, for instance, but that's not the Yankees' fault, it's the leagues more broadly.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
He's still on track to be one of the greatest pitchers of all time.

Always too difficult to tell with pitchers early in their careers. They can easily fall off a cliff out of nowhere. Really difficult to see a starter be consistently elite for 10+ seasons after all.

Generally speaking, Kansas Citians hate St Louis and everything from STL, especially the Cardinals, and in return, STL has no ill will toward KC and is unaware the unrequited rivalry even exists. Not unlike St. Louis's relationship with Chicago (or Omaha's with KC).

However, in my experience the relationship between KC-Gaf and STL-Gaf doesn't reflect this and is actually very friendly. Probably because on Gaf we're in the presence of the-rest-of-world-Gaf as well.

Also KC is naturally high as a kite this week and loves everyone and everything.

Top Bottom