• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Maybe this game will go 40 innings and they'll all die of exhaustion. That would be the best outcome I think.

It's kind of dumb to put him on second because the fielders were reacting to the umps call

Adams probably had a chance to throw to second with the way Greinke was running

I'm not exactly sure what to do in that type of situation though

It's kind of dumb to put him on second because the fielders were reacting to the umps call

You put him at 2nd. The out (Gordon) was at 1st so there was no way Grienke could have ended up back there.

My issue is that Grienke moved out of the basepaths to avoid Wong. Should've been out for that reason.

He tried to trick the ump so I don't think there's much wrong with sending Greinke to 2nd.

"Tricking" the ump really doesn't have to do with anything unless replay is intended to be punitive or something

That play is something MLB is going to have to really think about when they look at instant replay in the future

"Tricking" the ump really doesn't have to do with anything unless replay is intended to be punitive or something

That play is something MLB is going to have to really think about when they look at instant replay in the future
I don't agree, I think giving the guy second makes sense. You can't try and predict what could have happened if the correct call was made. Should they take into account that the guy at first could have been safe if he properly tagged the runner?

I don't get what they could do though. The alternative, to say "Well Matt Adams would have thrown him out anyway and Grienke isn't a good runner" requires too many hypotheticals. So if it's a fast player you put them on 2nd?

I don't agree, I think giving the guy second makes sense. You can't try and predict what could have happened if the correct call was made. Should they take into account that the guy at first could have been safe if he properly tagged the runner?

Why should they take that into account at all? The "tag" wasn't a tag, Wong threw out Gordon at first regardless.

Baseball is a reactive game based on calls by umpires. Plays like that are going to be a problem when looking at replay.

I don't get what they could do though. The alternative, to say "Well Matt Adams would have thrown him out anyway and Grienke isn't a good runner" requires too many hypotheticals. So if it's a fast player you put them on 2nd?

Right, I'm not so sure either. You could maybe look at how many feet the runner was from the base (in this case, Greinke was pretty far). Nothing will ever be perfect, but MLB is going to have to do something to address plays like that

Afrikan

some UFC fans ready to watch tonight's weak card are losing it.

fuck baseball
Fuck baseball. What a BORING fucking sport.

98% of the time NOTHING is happening. They play for 1 second then do nothing for 30 seconds and there is a 2 minute break twice a goddamn inning.

Anyway, FUCK BASEBALL. I had my DVR set to record these fights but this boring ass baseball game is going into the 184th inning tied 1-1.

FUCK BASEBALL.

lololololol

Top Bottom