• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

cashman

Banned
You could pretty much see that one coming. Zimmerman hadn't thrown a lot of pitches, and didn't miss by a lot, so there was no real reason to pull him there.

Looks like he's out. Or rather not enough to overturn that call

aFIGurANT

If the giants win, I puke.

Hella aggressive approaches tie it. Welp I was going to complain there was going to be too much time between games. The choke is real.

Afrikan

we about to get fucked.... original call is going to stand because it's too close...looked like Posey's foot jumped up a bit.

looks like an out. i dont care who wins but look at poseys foot go up. it doesn't come back down on the plate until he gets tagged. its close but he is out

Yeah I didn't see the foot go up until the last replay. He was out.

Still, though, Zimmermann should be beating Matt Williams to death with a baseball bat right about now. What a horrible decision.

Afrikan

OK! I'll definitely take it!!!!!!!!!!!
Buster why you so slow!!!!!!???!!!!

this is a given though... why send him? i know it ended up being close...and yes we are the away team...but still....man, would've loved to see what Pence could've did.... Closer was off.

Saw this on Twitter:

@AceballStats: #Nationals Jordan Zimmermann is the first pitcher ever to throw 8⅔ shutout innings in a postseason game, be removed, and not earn a win.

Top Bottom