• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Lol, that sequence of three scoring wild pitches from the Jays was probably the worst baseball I have ever seen.

Where was the pitching coach during all this?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So today's games aren't all finished, but the live stats have the Braves currently leading the majors in pitching fWAR, ERA, and FIP, and 3rd in xFIP. After the injuries to the rotation, I did not think I would be able to say that at any time this season.

suEcide

Lol, that sequence of three scoring wild pitches from the Jays was probably the worst baseball I have ever seen.

Where was the pitching coach during all this?

It's an anomoly. It's fucking cold. 8 walks this inning so far. I'm guessing there will be a few more before the inning is over.

Probably one of the most embarrassing displays I have ever seen from the Blue Jays. Absolutely pathetic.

There's no way a major league team should allow six runs in an inning where they only give up one hit, especially when that one hit isn't a homer. This would be an embarrassment for a Little League team.

I don't know if "funny" is how I would describe it.

Though given everything that's happened to the Jays for the last few years, it seems about right. And hey, no one got injured that inning, so that counts as a plus.

We get to beat up on some D-Backs today. Let's grab first place for ourselves!

3bDiVvo.jpg

BFIB

Was watching the Blackhawk/Blues most of the night, but kept an eye on Waino's start. Pretty good night when your pitcher is on the base more than the entire other team.

Meier

My fantasy league has OBP as a stat and I noticed Nolan Arenado's was only .298 this season. Looked at his Avg and it's .296. Dude has 1 walk thus far -- gotta learn some plate discipline, kid! Can't decide if I should jettison him or Norichaka Aoki when I need a slot open..

Wow @ Arizona's runs against. Woof.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
My fantasy league has OBP as a stat and I noticed Nolan Arenado's was only .298 this season. Looked at his Avg and it's .296. Dude has 1 walk thus far -- gotta learn some plate discipline, kid! Can't decide if I should jettison him or Norichaka Aoki when I need a slot open..

Wow @ Arizona's runs against. Woof.
Evan Gattis has zero walks this year. Think he is hitting above .300 too.

Friggz

Back-to-back! My guys.

Meh. If there is one thing I'm not worried about on the team besides Felix throwing Ks, it's Cano hitting homeruns.

he has 7 homers in his last 90 games. and he just signed a 10 year deal. His power is what separated him from the other second basemen. if he hits 15 homers a year now, mariners are fucked.

rando14

he has 7 homers in his last 90 games. and he just signed a 10 year deal. His power is what separated him from the other second basemen. if he hits 15 homers a year now, mariners are fucked.

Nah, M's can hit home runs just fine, we just need more XBH. Not worried about Cano just yet, it's barely been 3 weeks.

Friggz

Nah, M's can hit home runs just fine, we just need more XBH. Not worried about Cano just yet, it's barely been 3 weeks.

its not the last 3 weeks though. the last 92 games he has 8 homers. and 5 of them were at the short porch in yankee stadium. obviously hes still very good, and will hit 20+ homers. but its 3 weeks into a 10 year deal. thats horrfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom