• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Osorio

Sanjuro

Fenway is really great in terms of finding places for beer.

Just found a lonely old man selling beer in a corner of the section I'm in.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/artic...f-yasiel-puig-by-the-coward-american-baseball

I'm no fan of the Dodgers but this is stupid. I love his bat flips and the energy he brings to the game.
It's all Bill Plaschke's fault.

People are so damn thin skinned these days that a little show of emotion on the field is considered "disrespectful" to the game. Players should be bringing emotion to the game. Baseball is all about having fun. Having everyone follow some strict rule set for how to act just makes the game boring.

As a fan of Cuban baseball, this makes me sad.

The game over there is part sport, part theatrics, and that playful spirit is admonished over here. I guess, in certain cases. I remember people loving El Duque for the crazy shit he did on the mound. So why demonize Puig?
cuz lol puig.

People are so damn thin skinned these days that a little show of emotion on the field is considered "disrespectful" to the game. Players should be bringing emotion to the game. Baseball is all about having fun. Having everyone follow some strict rule set for how to act just makes the game boring.
I agree completely, high five Harry.
Fck all that unwritten rules of baseball stuff.

BFIB

I hope he calls out Babe Ruth for calling that shot.

Browsing through R/Baseball found this gem.

SZ61xzQ.gif

Osorio

Niese's first batter in his last start: gives up HR

Niese's first batter in his second start: gives up triple

Improvement.

It's a reason why young people don't really gravitate to baseball in this country. Although every respective league has done something to drain the joy out of the game, especially The NFL. I would say Soccer is the only team sport where you can truly be an individual.

It's a reason why young people don't really gravitate to baseball in this country. Although every respective league has done something to drain the joy out of the game, especially The NFL. I would say Soccer is the only team sport where you can truly be an individual.

Yeah, in my day they let NFL murderers off the hook.

WTF does that have to do with anything?

Who knows.

In Japan and Korea, the game is soooo much more fun. Guys flip bats, throw their gloves, scream, shout.

It's just fun, they have FUN playing. We don't see that in the pro leagues anymore.

Based TD'A SO GOOD

Nothing, except your post read like an old man yelling at clouds.

The NFL has become way more fun and score oriented, not the opposite.

Fun to watch maybe (though I think killing defense is a mistake) but not for the players. Don't celebrate, don't be unique, don't individualize yourself.

It's a problem.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Who knows.

In Japan and Korea, the game is soooo much more fun. Guys flip bats, throw their gloves, scream, shout.

It's just fun, they have FUN playing. We don't see that in the pro leagues anymore.

Based TD'A SO GOOD

\

Yeah, if anyone does any kind of bat-flip in the MLB, the next time they're up to bat they'll get a pitch near their ears. It's like they're "disrespecting" the pitcher or something.

BFIB

I really don't think any team has stranded more base runners than the Cards.

Adams has left 18 on base, Jay has left 16.

Top Bottom