• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So I plan on going to my first padres game in june. Anyone that's been to petco, where's a good place to sit?

If you're going at night its cold in the upper tank.

Its kind of hard for me to say what's good since I imagine the views are pretty similar everywhere in various parts of the park. The views in the upper right field areas are obstructed though. .

DarkFlow

Banned
If you're going at night its cold in the upper tank.

Its kind of hard for me to say what's good since I imagine the views are pretty similar everywhere in various parts of the park. The views in the upper right field areas are obstructed though. .

I want to try to stay at field level, looking at ticket prices, I think I could. I just have no idea wtf they mean when they say field reserved, Toyota Terrace VIP, Toyota Terrace Reserved. They don't do a good job telling you what the hell that all means.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I want to try to stay at field level, looking at ticket prices, I think I could. I just have no idea wtf they mean when they say field reserved, Toyota Terrace VIP, Toyota Terrace Reserved. They don't do a good job telling you what the hell that all means.

I've never been to a ballpark that did. Try and find a seat map, tbh. Field seats are glorious like they are in every ballpark.

I always like day games because the ball actually carries in Petco then.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Peavy back still sore, Belt hurt his groin, Cain on the DL, Vogy spot start was subpar...what a great start to the season

At least the start of our lineup feels good. Need to get Pence back asap lol.

Toyota Terrace Guide

This should cover you.

If your driving I suggest parking in the underground lot in the convention center its adjacent to the ballpark. Its a bit more secure than parking in the outdoor lots. For food I would recommend Lolitas mexican taco shop. Its across the street from the ballpark and damn good, just get their early because it gets packed. Food can be brought in but they are strict on what type of drink containers you bring in. As mentioned earlier evening games can get chilly so bring a light jacket. As far as fans go there is a tendency for their to be more visiting team fans than Padre fans. "Petco Park the visiting teams home away from home ."

DarkFlow

Banned
I've never been to a ballpark that did. Try and find a seat map, tbh. Field seats are glorious like they are in every ballpark.

I always like day games because the ball actually carries in Petco then.

Toyota Terrace Guide

This should cover you.

If your driving I suggest parking in the underground lot in the convention center its adjacent to the ballpark. Its a bit more secure than parking in the outdoor lots. For food I would recommend Lolitas mexican taco shop. Its across the street from the ballpark and damn good, just get their early because it gets packed. Food can be brought in but they are strict on what type of drink containers you bring in. As mentioned earlier evening games can get chilly so bring a light jacket. As far as fans go there is a tendency for their to be more visiting team fans than Padre fans. "Petco Park the visiting teams home away from home ."

Thanks for the info. I live in Santee, So I'll just take the trolley, screw paying for parking lol.

Angry Grimace

Toyota Terrace Guide

This should cover you.

That's just because the team sucks ass all the time and LA and/or the Giants are good all the time.

Also, mmmmmm lolitas

Meier

12:38, gotta hit the hay. Fingers crossed I wake up to good news!
So much for that. I am a little scared about our pen this season. Hatcher and Nicasio have career ERAs of over or around 5+..what made them worthwhile additions?

Enron

Banned
Peavy back still sore, Belt hurt his groin, Cain on the DL, Vogy spot start was subpar...what a great start to the season

At least the start of our lineup feels good. Need to get Pence back asap lol.

Giants are this year's Rangers
except the giants have a title :(

Toyota Terrace Guide

This should cover you.

Thank you posting this. I most likely gonna check out Petco Park and catch in some games. I'm still a fan of Kemp

ampere

04715_beltre_jump_batter_box_med_res_fix_1x08jsrq.gif

Ha! Gonna take some time for everyone to get used to it.

Last year Dickey was generally okay his first two times through the order, before imploding the third time around. If he's in the game past the sixth -- and he probably will be, since John Gibbons has a mental bloc that means he can't look at Dickey without thinking "Knuckleballer? 120 pitches!" -- the Yankees will probably start teeing off on him.

Also, Brett Lawrie's 12-pitch night, in GIF form:

lawrie-pitch-11.0.gif

Beckx

While I'm hesitant signing players on an outlier season, if Harrison gives us anything close to what he gave us last year - then this deal is an absolute steal. Dude was a fucking stud last season.

Yeah, pretty happy to see him locked in. Now just need Kang to grow this season for when Walker leaves.

Be glad to get all the opening day festivities out of the way in a week.

There better be baseball in New York tonight. I didn't get to watch all of the first game.

Last year Dickey was generally okay his first two times through the order, before imploding the third time around. If he's in the game past the sixth -- and he probably will be, since John Gibbons has a mental bloc that means he can't look at Dickey without thinking "Knuckleballer? 120 pitches!" -- the Yankees will probably start teeing off on him.

Also, Brett Lawrie's 12-pitch night, in GIF form:

lawrie-pitch-11.0.gif

So you want to trade Donaldson for Lawrie?

jakncoke

Banned
While I'm hesitant signing players on an outlier season, if Harrison gives us anything close to what he gave us last year - then this deal is an absolute steal. Dude was a fucking stud last season.

If he can just put up 2 to 2.5 war seasons I'll accept the deal. Nice we're starting to spend some cash, will be interesting to see if they get the Polanco deal done anytime soon

Top Bottom