• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The Twins are putrid. I am glad they have Torii Hunter's vaunted leadership to lead them into a sink hole of suck.

Edwardo

‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Rick Porcello: 31 starts in age-20 season

Last 4 w/ 20+ starts in age-20 season: Jose Fernandez, Kershaw, Felix Hernandez, Greinke

lma1NCY.gif

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Will the Twins just cut Nolasco at some point this year?
They should, honestly. I don't understand why they're going into this season with May and Meyer in AAA with Nolasco, Tommy Milone, and fucking Big Pelf in the rotation. And Berrios waiting in the wings.

I just hope Hunter isn't a part of the organization once more of the kids are up, he's a club house cancer and I can't stand him.

Tigers are good just missing that number 2 starter to slot behind Price.

Anibal is pretty underrated, although you could be right. Don't think he's top tier number 2 material. A lot will depend if we are seeing the actual downfall of Verlander or if he can bounce back.

But then again, middle of the line-up is Kinsler, Miggy, Martinez, Martinez, Cespedes, that'll keep you in any game. So fuck me, as an Indians fan. Even their 8 and 9 hitters are go to work.

Tigers are good just missing that number 2 starter to slot behind Price.
Both Verlander, for all his 2014 woes, and Sanchez are better than almost everyone's "number 2 starters." It's their number four and five starters they have to worry about. Also the bullpen, as usual. And SS, when something inevitably happens to Iglesias.

Of course If Verlander straightens things out that changes everything. Then another starter to replace one of Greene and Simon would be nice. and yea forgot about Anibal, due is consistent and gets the job done. tend to overlook guys like that sometimes

So you want to trade Donaldson for Lawrie?

What? Of course not. Even if I'm convinced Donaldson is suddenly going to turn into an injury-prone pumpkin the moment he sets foot on Rogers Centre turf, it's still AA's best trade since Arte Moreno panicked and decided he had to open his wallet for Vernon Wells.

Doesn't he have 2 errors already on the season?

That ball... I mean I don't know how the hell that goes between his arm and chest.

Wasn't even hit that hard. Get in front of the ball, block the ball, make the out.

And then guy just kinda smirks like it's no big thang.

Must be so aggravating as a pitcher knowing your shortstop is only going to be interested in making plays maybe half the time.

Castro's brain dead.

That ball... I mean I don't know how the hell that goes between his arm and chest.

Wasn't even hit that hard. Get in front of the ball, block the ball, make the out.

And then guy just kinda smirks like it's no big thang.

Must be so aggravating as a pitcher knowing your shortstop is only going to be interested in making plays maybe half the time.

Castro's brain dead.

And that's why he's on the trading block and Theo pulled out the stops for Addison Russell.

turnbuckle

Couldn't listen to much of it earlier, but I'm about to watch the Tigers replay.

Verlander did some long toss yesterday and said he's feeling good. They're "optimistic" he'll only miss one start.

First time ever being on the DL but at least it's retroactive to March 29th. With the scheduled off days and regular rest, it's possible the Tigers won't need a 5th starter until the third week of April. But it's more likely they'll use the off days to give their starters an extra day of rest rather than skip the #5 starter.

I hope they don't rush him back. If him making an extra start or two is the difference between Detroit making and missing the playoffs then they're in trouble. But it probably doesn't. Not having him for an entire season might.

Also - I love that Detroit lineup. MLB the Show is underrating them....I think the game has them ranked like 24th in power or some shit.

Top Bottom