• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

BFIB

Gonna be another year where the Cards need 4 outs to get a run.

And Pena looks hurt after sliding into first.

BFIB

He was really good yesterday, and I think he's been good today

Results just haven't been there

You could have walked Votto to force a play at any base with 2 outs and not burn Choate for one batter. Let Belisle pitch or Maness, who you want for ground ball outs.

Now we've burned 3 relievers for one out.

Yeah, I can't blame Matheny here. Some bad BABIP luck and the pitchers not getting the job done *coughcoughChoatecough*

Seriously, if Choate can't do the one thing he's hired to do, it doesn't matter which inning we use him.

You could have walked Votto to force a play at any base with 2 outs and not burn Choate for one batter. Let Belisle pitch or Maness, who you want for ground ball outs.

Now we've burned 3 relievers for one out.

I don't think the intention was to walk Votto 100%, but I think he was pitched to more cautiously with 1B open

Yeah, I can't blame Matheny here. Some bad BABIP luck and the pitchers not getting the job done *coughcoughChoatecough*

Seriously, if Choate can't do the one thing he's hired to do, it doesn't matter which inning we use him.

It's weird. Choate has a .186/.268/.264 career line vs lefties but it feels like he isn't that good recently (but he was even better last year - small sample size 20.4IP but .091/.205/.147!)

edit: i love GABP

It's weird. Choate has a .186/.268/.264 career line vs lefties but it feels like he isn't that good recently (but he was even better last year - small sample size 20.4IP but .091/.205/.147!)
His overall numbers against LHB are great but it doesn't make it any less frustrating for the fans when he fails in a single critical PA!

BFIB

All this talk on the pace of play and both Price and Matheny have spent about 10 min on two plays arguing.

Top Bottom