• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Was that Jays game the worst (most boring and shitty) baseball game ever? 5 hits, Tampa wins 2-1 on 2 runs walked in. Funny as it was a sold out Home Opener and most of the people aren't even baseball fans. Oh well, back to Daredevil.

zroid

Banned
Was that Jays game the worst (most boring and shitty) baseball game ever? 5 hits, Tampa wins 2-1 on 2 runs walked in. Funny as it was a sold out Home Opener and most of the people aren't even baseball fans. Oh well, back to Daredevil.

pretty much

it didn't even really have the intensity of a "pitcher's duel" because Dickey was walking so many batters

At least this happened today:
tumblr_nmrrtzRK4Y1tanr42o1_540.gif

zychi

Banned
Isn't Castro blocking Russell?
Not that im aware, can always slide Castro or Russ to 2nd. Youd prolly have Russ at ss tho.

The problem is what do you do with Baez when he comes back? LF? What about Bryant? If they convert him to OF or have him at 3rd, theres problems all around. Then you have a problem with Coghlan and Alcantara. Its a great problem to have tho. My guess is Castillo goes down/gets traded and Olt is trade bait come June.

Not that im aware, can always slide Castro or Russ to 2nd. Youd prolly have Russ at ss tho.

The problem is what do you do with Baez when he comes back? LF? What about Bryant? If they convert him to OF or have him at 3rd, theres problems all around. Then you have a problem with Coghlan and Alcantara. Its a great problem to have tho. My guess is Castillo goes down/gets traded and Olt is trade bait come June.

Olt is traded, Russel plays 3B, Bryant plays LF, you hope Baez can play the OF on a regular basis, make Alcantra a platoon player. Coghlan is a non-entity IMO. Purely a bat at this point. Castillo is also another guy, no way he retains a starting spot if Bryant and Baez come into things.

Multiple ways to make it work.

thefro

Eh agree to disagree. Chapman didn't give us the best probability to win, only to extend the game for us to bat again. That's exactly what the rest of the bullpen is paid to do.

To me that's a waste of his arm considering we just blew our best chance to score having already batted the heart of our order the previous inning.

Chapman should have pitched the 8th, when the heart of the Cubs order was due up, including two lefties in Rizzo/Coghlan. That was the highest leverage spot in the game. Then anyone with a pulse in the bullpen in the 9th. The bottom of the Cubs order right now isn't going to score 2 runs and the Cubs have a really short bench as far as bats go with Olt/La Stella dinged up and 3 catchers.

As a Cubs fan, I'm glad Price didn't put Chapman in the game at that point.

It was. One of the worst baseball games I've ever watched by far.

I was looking forward to it and PVRed it because I hate a date. However, I fast forwarded through a lot of it and watched it in that speed. It was incredibly dull, and pissed me off with its result/the way Tampa won.

Then again, I've always found Tampa to be the most boring team out there. They put me to sleep almost.

Kansas City Royals ‏@Royals 7m7 minutes ago
RF Alex Rios suffered a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metacarpal in his left hand in yesterday's game. No timetable on his return.

Kansas City Royals ‏@Royals 4m4 minutes ago
The #Royals will likely make a roster move prior to Wednesday's game at Minnesota.

SHIIIIIIT. :mad:

Top Bottom