• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

HeySeuss

You absolutely can use him. Should have used him to shut down the 11th, since the plan was to stick with a lefty.

Use your best relievers when you need them. Not just when it's a save situation.

Who in our pen would you trust to close out the game after you wasted him to give us one more inning? Maybe you get to use him for 2 innings but let's say you do, then what? And now you probably ensured you can't use him tomorrow.

Who in our pen would you trust to close out the game after you wasted him to give us one more inning? Maybe you get to use him for 2 innings but let's say you do, then what? And now you probably ensured you can't use him tomorrow.

If you're going to use Manny Parra, use him outside the glut of the Cubs line-up. Chapman gave you the best probability to win, you're not wasting anything if you get out of the 11th tied and have a chance in the 12th. It's a chance you wouldn't have otherwise. You can't bank on only having him available for one high pressure situation. He had his off day, use him for two games, then give him another two off days.

HeySeuss

If you're going to use Manny Parra, use him outside the glut of the Cubs line-up. Chapman gave you the best probability to win, you're not wasting anything if you get out of the 11th tied and have a chance in the 12th. It's a chance you wouldn't have otherwise. You can't bank on only having him available for one high pressure situation. He had his off day, use him for two games, then give him another two off days.

Eh agree to disagree. Chapman didn't give us the best probability to win, only to extend the game for us to bat again. That's exactly what the rest of the bullpen is paid to do.

To me that's a waste of his arm considering we just blew our best chance to score having already batted the heart of our order the previous inning.

Lol just 3 outs from starting off 1-6.

This offense has just been embarrassing. We have only scored 20 runs all season, with 10 of them being in the lone victory.

The bullpen is a mess. The starting pitching has been alright, but with Alvarez out for who knows how long and Fernandez not coming back until June-July, it's only going to get worse.

Edit: At least Hechavarria had two hits, maybe he can get out of his funk. He and Salty have been killing us in the 7th and 8th spot.

Lol just 3 outs from starting off 1-6.

This offense has just been embarrassing. We have only scored 19 runs all season, with 10 of them being in the lone victory.

The bullpen is a mess. The starting pitching has been alright, but with Alvarez out for who knows how long and Fernandez not coming back until June-July, it's only going to get worse.

Main reason I didn't buy into the off-season champs stuff.

Not enough BP depth, farm system is barren with graduations, you guys could really use Heaney right now, just a mess so far.

It'll get better, but I don't see the 90 win team that was being hyped.

nah. He has to adjust to the NL style. Might take a couple of starts though.

He's not locating his stuff well. He barely got time in ST because of the dead arm so he's adjusting slowly.

I give it till Mid-May before he's a 3.15 FIP guy, it's already half his ERA, he's just not getting lucky with his stuff on top of not finding the zone so far.

Main reason I didn't buy into the off-season champs stuff.

Not enough BP depth, farm system is barren with graduations, you guys could really use Heaney right now, just a mess so far.

It'll get better, but I don't see the 90 win team that was being hyped.

I didn't think we would win 90 games, but I certainly thought we could win 83-85 games and at least be in the mix for the wild card in September.

At this point, I'm not even certain we won't finish in last in the NL East.

zychi

Banned
Chicagocubsfan, do you know if they will bring up Addison Russell with Bryant? Or is there another arbitration thing with him? I can't find any info on it.

RBH

Braves implosion inc.

kenny-powers-1.gif

Top Bottom