• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

orochi91

I refuse to get excited as a Jays fan until the team in at least 10 games up on the Yankees.

All it takes with these Toronto teams is one injury, which sets off some domino effect and derails the entire team for the rest of the season.

zulux21

Thank you Cleveland!

Now with the Angels losing all that needs to happen is Seattle keep their lead against Baltimore and it'll be a perfect night for Jays fans.

im okay with this plan as I need baltimore to lose as well so when the white sox continue winning and go 10-1 in their next 11 games they can be right in the race.

hey... I can dream.

Malo

Banned
I should be more frustrated than I am, but the Yankees pitching over the last 4 games has been good. They've allowed 15 runs in that span, which is great.

Too bad the offense has reverted to 2013/2014 levels over the last 4 games, which is the reason for losing 4 straight.

Malo

Banned
ESPNStatsInfo @ESPNStatsInfo: Yankees 1-5 hitters over last 3 games: 2-for-66 (.030 BA), 23 K, 7 BB, 0 XBH, 0 RBI

It was all good just a week ago.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
BlsOLoX.gif

rekameohs

Banned
FOX Sports: MLB ‏@MLBONFOX
HISTORY! For the 1st time since there were 30 MLB teams, the 15 home teams went undefeated on the same day.

FOX Sports: MLB ‏@MLBONFOX
HISTORY! For the 1st time since there were 30 MLB teams, the 15 home teams went undefeated on the same day.

That's insane. Awesome, too.

Thank you Cleveland!!!

EDIT: I didn't realize that Sergio Santos had signed with the Yankees. And he's on the disabled list again, and out for the season? That guy's never healthy.

I refuse to get excited as a Jays fan until the team in at least 10 games up on the Yankees.

All it takes with these Toronto teams is one injury, which sets off some domino effect and derails the entire team for the rest of the season.

Same here. This team has been suspiciously healthy, apart from EE. The last 22 years have taught me nothing if not that things never go this well. I want to believe, but I can't yet.

rinse82

CC Sabathitrash takes the mound tonight - Jays could be on top of the East by the end of the night :)

Let's hope Dickey keeps this rollin

BigAT

I went to bed in the 15th last night with the knowledge in my heart that there was no way the Yankees were going to win. Woke up to the sad confirmation.

Caja 117

Something that i saw in a article mentioned how the Yankees offensive slump started right after facing two Knuckleballers, is possible this messed up Yankees timing, and yesterday they were slowly getting off it, i hope is just that, and is not that players are hitting their ceiling.

Also, didnt the Jays had a big wining streak earlier in the season?.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Something that i saw in a article mentioned how the Yankees offensive slump started right after facing two Knuckleballers, is possible this messed up Yankees timing, and yesterday they were slowly getting off it, i hope is just that, and is not that players are hitting their ceiling.

Also, didnt the Jays had a big wining streak earlier in the season?.

Yeah, this is the first time in team history they've have 2 streaks of 9 or more wins in the same season. They won 11 earlier in the year.

Also they shuffled their rotation this series so that Dickey is pitching tonight instead of tomorrow so he will face the Yankees again this weekend.

So unless I'm wrong, the postseason series would look like this right now NL Wild Card game- Pit vs. Chicago, winner plays Cardinals. NLDS: Mets vs. Dodgers. AL Wild Card: Jays vs. Angels, winner plays Royals. ALDS: Astros vs. Yankees. I think I'm taking a Astros-Cards WS right now unless Burnett can come back for the Bucs and pitch well. I really like Keuchel and Kazmir at the top of the Stros rotation.

lfQDsre.jpg

30 errors for Marcus Semien.

Giving up 2 unearned runs.

Bullpen was solid but it doesn't matter.

A's lose a game they could have won.

Story of 2015.

"That might be the worst inning we've played this year," A's manager Bob Melvin said. "And we've had some bad defensive innings. But all the way around, we basically gave them the whole inning. It should have been a different kind of game if we'd played any kind of defense that inning."

So unless I'm wrong, the postseason series would look like this right now NL Wild Card game- Pit vs. Chicago, winner plays Cardinals. NLDS: Mets vs. Dodgers. AL Wild Card: Jays vs. Angels, winner plays Royals. ALDS: Astros vs. Yankees. I think I'm taking a Astros-Cards WS right now unless Burnett can come back for the Bucs and pitch well. I really like Keuchel and Kazmir at the top of the Stros rotation.

Fangraphs chances of winning WS right now:

Dodgers 18.2%
Royals 10.5%
Blue Jays 10.4%
Cardinals 8.8%
Astros 7.9%

I guess they figure by the time October comes around St. Louis will be really old.

Parch

This team has been suspiciously healthy, apart from EE.
Well, Stroman. Now Travis. Batista probably isn't 100%. I'm hoping previous years of multiple injuries is balancing out and the Jays are spared the DL virus this year.

With Colabello and Smoak contributing, an offensive injury could be survived. Without a doubt, a starting pitching injury would be very bad.

Fangraphs chances of winning WS right now:

Dodgers 18.2%
Royals 10.5%
Blue Jays 10.4%
Cardinals 8.8%
Astros 7.9%

I guess they figure by the time October comes around St. Louis will be really old.

WS% on fangraphs has a ton to due with probability on winning the division and avoiding the play-in game. That's why the Dodgers and Royals are so far ahead.

(Cardinals have 6 more fWAR by players under 25 than the next highest Cubs, fwiw. Window is not closing anytime soon)

zroid

Banned
Well, Stroman. Now Travis. Batista probably isn't 100%. I'm hoping previous years of multiple injuries is balancing out and the Jays are spared the DL virus this year.

With Colabello and Smoak contributing, an offensive injury could be survived. Without a doubt, a starting pitching injury would be very bad.

Bautista still has no arm.

Don't forget Saunders and Izturis both out for the whole season. Having Saunders for any length of time could have avoided a whole lot of defensive tire fire in the outfield for a while, and Izturis would have been useful when Travis and Reyes were out.

Sanchez missed two months and we had to carry a rotating cast of minor league 5th starters who often couldn't get through 3 innings.

There've definitely been a lot of injuries to contend with. They just seem to be getting healthier down the stretch rather than less healthy, which is what usually happens.

WS% on fangraphs has a ton to due with probability on winning the division and avoiding the play-in game. That's why the Dodgers and Royals are so far ahead.

(Cardinals have 6 more fWAR by players under 25 than the next highest Cubs, fwiw. Window is not closing anytime soon)
Exactly. I think the Bucs window is closing more rapidly than the Cards for sure.

Exactly. I think the Bucs window is closing more rapidly than the Cards for sure.

I get the feeling that the Pirates, Cubs, and Cards are going to be good for a while. Going to be a dogfight for the division the next few years. It's already been some really good baseball to watch this year

Wouldnt even surprise me to see the Reds competitive in 2017 either

Bautista still has no arm.

Don't forget Saunders and Izturis both out for the whole season. Having Saunders for any length of time could have avoided a whole lot of defensive tire fire in the outfield for a while, and Izturis would have been useful when Travis and Reyes were out.

Sanchez missed two months and we had to carry a rotating cast of minor league 5th starters who often couldn't get through 3 innings.

There've definitely been a lot of injuries to contend with. They just seem to be getting healthier down the stretch rather than less healthy, which is what usually happens.

True. I think they just seem so much healthier this year because we haven't had to watch games where it's basically the Bisons pretending to be a major league team I remember going to one of those games a few years ago, and even though they won it was still pretty ugly to watch. (And I'm still haunted by that week-long stretch from that same season where they lost three-fifths of their starting rotation in the span of a few days.)

Maybe this year will be karmic justice? If Stroman really does make it back, then it'll seem that way.

Top Bottom