• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Losing two of three to the Marlins in September to fall back to four games up?

giphy.gif

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
AUGURY:

THE RANGERS WILL COME BACK TO BEAT THE ANGELS TODAY.

Fuck you, bandwagon. There's a lot of Mets fans down here that show up to the games whether they're winning or losing. I'm not about to take that shit from a Marlins fan. South Florida invented the bandwagon.

Uh yeah that was my point, I'm talking about the people who live in Miami that all of the sudden became Mets fans after July.

P.S. Fuck you if you think I am a bandwagon fan. The Marlins are still my favorite Miami team even though they are going to be a shit team until Loria dies.

jbug617

Banned
Harvey wrote and article
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/matt-harvey-mets-playoffs/

You’ve heard about the 180-185 innings cap. That seems to be the number that will allow me to pitch into the postseason. Regardless of those numbers, I hope everyone knows: I have always wanted to play. I have always wanted to pitch every single chance I get.

Especially in the playoffs.

Right now we’re hunkered down in a fight to make the postseason. All of our efforts are focused on that task. As a team, we understand that there’s still a lot of baseball left to play. The chance to make a run in the playoffs will require our full dedication, energy and passion. This is an incredibly exciting time to be part of the Mets.

As an athlete, when your surgeon explains to you the risks of exceeding a certain number of innings, it can be alarming. You listen. I love to play baseball and I love winning even more. I would not give that up for anything. I also know I want to be able to play and win for a long time. But there has never been a doubt in my mind: I will pitch in the playoffs. I will be healthy, active and ready to go.

I am communicating with my agent, my doctor, Sandy and the entire Mets organization. I can assure everyone that we’re all on the same page.

Together, we are coming up with a plan to reach an innings limit during the season. It will be a compromise between the doctors and the Mets organization to get me, and the team, to where we need to be for our postseason run.

I understand the risks. I am also fully aware of the opportunity the Mets have this postseason. Winning the division and getting to the playoffs is our goal.

Once we are there, I will be there.

I'm just being bias because a dodger dog is a larger than a regular hot dog. Farmer John makes them. I recommend it. Maybe other Doyer Fans can chime on this.

I went to a game in the Giants series last week and got one of the $5.50 Dodger dogs. It was seriously, seriously lacking in quality. I think the $8.50 dog is the only way to go if you have to get one. Though I saw they put in a stand that does bacon-wrapped (at least in the Reserve level).

I regret not getting David Price's favourite popcorn when I went to the Rogers Centre, but I was cheap. It's probably been a decade or more since I've had popcorn there.

Malvingt2

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin
Over the course of their 12 game losing skid, the #Braves have been outscored 103-28. Opponents averaging 8.5 runs per game.

:/

Link

The Autumn Wind
Uh yeah that was my point, I'm talking about the people who live in Miami that all of the sudden became Mets fans after July.

P.S. Fuck you if you think I am a bandwagon fan. The Marlins are still my favorite Miami team even though they are going to be a shit team until Loria dies.
Have you ever been to a Marlins game when they play the Mets? There's always a ton of Mets fan there. It's nothing new this year.

Cubs are pretty good on the road and at home, no dramatic splits.
Kris Bryant is much better at home though.
I'm wondering if Baez makes the playoff roster over Castro at this point, he's pretty good defensively at the least.

Also Cubs would be 2 back of the Bucs with a loss tonight.

Huh, did not realize that. I'd always thought it went by record. The more you know.
Actually, I think I'm wrong about that point :lol.

I could've sworn that the 2001 Cards had to play Games 5 against the D-backs on the road but it seems I was mistaken.

Edit: But Wikipedia thinks that might not be the case anymore?

Now home-field advantage goes to the team with the best record, or in the case of a wild card team vs. divisional winner, the divisional winner would receive home-field advantage.

vwnut13

I've discovered the Mets' kryptonite... teams with a winning record.

I know anything can happen in the postseason, but it's not going to be pretty if the Mets make the playoffs.

Considering buying seats in section 511 at the Rogers Centre. It says obstructed view, though. Why is that?

Where we sat on Monday made it impossible to see Ben Revere in LF when he ran into the corner, but the seats were great otherwise, despite being high up.

I'm dreading the upcoming 3 game series in Pittsburgh. Maybe the Reds can sweep the Pirates to give us a little more cushion though. <_<

I feel pretty good about a 5.5 game lead regardless, though

Pirates have a harder schedule rest of the way anyway and it seems like they'll face Kershaw and Greinke (though who knows if the Dodgers will do anything, lol)

Top Bottom