• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Should put Thole or Navarro in the rest of the game. Give Hague an at bat. Gibbons doesn't want to touch any of his regular relievers at this point. Save it for the Yanks and hope the Orioles hold against them tonight.

and it's the giving up of homeruns so fucking late in the game that's the most fucking frustrating part. Boston could take two of three and we do jack shit against a free falling Orioles team. fucking joke.

Beckx

I don't think Yamada gets posted. I hope so his bat translates IMO but I doubt it.

If Otani and Fujinami come over at the same time? HNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

Mae-ken will make someone happy as well, though his arm is going to fall off. I'm sure the pre-game before every start will go on and on and on about his stretching, too.

maybe but did you see Jingu stadium is a stop on the Boras tour this week? I'm sure he'd like to talk about Yanagita while on the tour too but Hawks don't play.

Easily the best FA signing. He's already tripled his WAR/$$.

It's really fun revisiting some of the spring training discussion about him now. Huntington has a magic touch.

Parch

Stupid Fenway. Time to get the hell out of there and get psyched up for the Yankees.

Hutch serving up cookies is a major problem. Now all of a sudden we're praying for a ready Stroman and a healthy Buerhle.

FTF

No way in fucking hell.

Arenado, CarGo, Harper, Goldy, Votto, Cutch, Posey all ahead of him and that's just off the top of my head.

I'm in the camp that believes being on a playoff team matters and what you did for your team, etc...not just give the mvp to the player with the best stats (unless it's historic like winning the triple crown, etc).

Choomp

Banned
Cespedes won't be a serious MVP contender just cause of all the other people in the league who have being doing this good if not better for the full season. That being said, he's been priceless for the Mets since they've acquired him, I don't know why we should worry about the MVP thing when he's been more than we can ever ask for when we got him.

Also yes Duda! Bunt get the big man over, we want at least one this inning or the ninth's gonna be unbearable.

RBH

I've loved Cespedes since he first entered the league with Oakland...........I just hate seeing him on the Mets of all teams. :(

Beckx

I'm in the camp that believes being on a playoff team matters and what you did for your team, etc...not just give the mvp to the player with the best stats (unless it's historic like winning the triple crown, etc).

What other better measure is there for "what you did for your team" than WAR, etc.? I mean it's literally a statistical measure that compares what you did for your team to what other players did for their team.

No way in fucking hell.

Arenado, CarGo, Harper, Goldy, Votto, Cutch, Posey all ahead of him and that's just off the top of my head.

His defense is shit they said.

He'll never play OF in the big leagues they said.

Rizzo as well.

Manny finished 4th in 2007 in the NL MVP after being traded to the Dodgers

But he also slashed .396/.489/.743 after the deal and beat the Cubs single-handedly.

He and CC being traded to the Brewers were the two most dominant deadline players I can remember since I've been following baseball more closely.

Cespedes is up there as well.

What other better measure is there for "what you did for your team" than WAR, etc.? I mean it's literally a statistical measure that compares what you did for your team to what other players did for their team.

Look even if you don't buy into WAR, you can't argue that without guys like Goldy, and Votto, and the CarGo/Arenado duo, those teams are EXCEPTIONALLY worse than they are now. You have to measure impact beyond W/L and look at how impactful they are on the field itself. Cespedes isn't as impactful as Goldy despite being on a better team that's just a fact.

Rizzo as well.

Manny finished 4th in 2007 in the NL MVP after being traded to the Dodgers

But he also slashed .396/.489/.743 after the deal and beat the Cubs single-handedly.

He and CC being traded to the Brewers were the two most dominant deadline players I can remember since I've been following baseball more closely.

Cespedes is up there as well.

He is up there but 2008 CC is arguably the best pitching season ever had by a guy not named Pedro Martinez. And Manny's line speaks for itself. Yo has been good, but certainly not as good as those two were. Hell they were worth 5 WAR a piece in all three WAR types in 3 months of play. Which is absurd. They both carried those respective teams to the postseason.

Top Bottom