• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

eyeless

detroit doing god's work
HalfSmugAmericancicada.gif

Z45DTl1.png

Jays 1 game out of AL first, I can't believe it

Jays Mets alliance until the world series? I do own a Mets hat and have a Shea Stadium final year cup lol

Jays Mets alliance until the world series? I do own a Mets hat and have a Shea Stadium final year cup lol

I'm in. I like the Mets quite a bit. I've also liked the Cards and Cubs over the years, but the only team I have real emotion/care for is the Jays.

Parch

Welcome to the alliance. Which player?
No player. Just blank. Still a nice Mets jersey though.
I've got no hate for any NL team. Even the Dodgers who spend ridiculously and destroy the salary structure of the game get a free pass because of Mr. Scully.

Malo

Banned
Alliance between Yankees and Yankees-west? Also I'll be going to the mets/yankees game tomorrow rocking my A-Gawd jersey.

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/833595

According to the Cubs' Theo Epstein, there are discussions to make the Wild Card Round a 3 game series instead of a single game.

While I understand the logic of this, i hope they don't.

The whole point of the WC Round is for winner-takes-all prime time baseball event. By the time of the DLS ends, the most of the general baseball viewing public would have tuned out from the playoffs if the WC goes longer.

Lets road test the current format for a few more seasons.

I like the one game WC game. I think the networks like the ratings of a one game. Plus we going to keep pushing the season longer?? Win the division and you won't have to worry about the WC.

RBH

If anything, they should turn the divisional series into a best-of-7 instead of a best-of-5.

Keep the one game WC round as it is.

Citi Field is the only other stadium I have watched a game at outside of Rogers Centre. I got a free hat that day.

A 3 game WC series would theoretically benefit the WC team more in the LDS because they will be able to use their Game 1 WCP starter in Game 1 of the LDS on short rest.

cashman

Banned
The A's were eliminated from the AL West

The Whitesox were eliminated from the AL Central

The Diamondbacks were eliminated from the NL Wildcard

After Maddon tore the MFCard a new arsehole, the Cubs have regained my respect and support should my team fail .

^ This is what 92 losses does to an ostensibly mild-mannered person.

Maddon was sure right about one thing, they're good at ending things

Like Jung Ho Kang's season

Baffles me how after a period of two days in which the Cubs ended a player's season with a dirty (if "legal") slide and threw at someone's head they're suddenly the "good guys"

Maddon was sure right about one thing, they're good at ending things

Like Jung Ho Kang's season

Baffles me how after a period of two days in which the Cubs ended a player's season with a dirty (if "legal") slide and threw at someone's head they're suddenly the "good guys"

Culpability?

The Cubs were negligent (at worse reckless) with Kang.

The Cards were malicious in throwing at Rizzo.

Not surprising. He didn't look good last start. He needs rest.

Lucky the Mets have a HoF caliber "spot starter".

Culpability?

The Cubs were negligent (at worse reckless) with Kang.

The Cards were malicious in throwing at Rizzo.

The Cubs weren't malicious when Dan Haren - a pitcher known for his control - threw at Holliday's head?

If it was some raw guy with control issues, sure, it was just negligent. Dan Haren is not that pitcher. Never has been that pitcher in his long career.

If they change it to 3 games you know down the line they are going to expand the playoffs again with two more teams that play a 1 game playoff.

Yeah, I can really live without seeing a sub-500 team in the playoffs. After a 162 game season that's so ridiculous.

The Cubs weren't malicious when Dan Haren - a pitcher known for his control - threw at Holliday's head?

If it was some raw guy with control issues, sure, it was just negligent. Dan Haren is not that pitcher. Never has been that pitcher in his long career.

Was there a reason for Haren to plunk Holliday?

Top Bottom