• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

RBH

I can be a Braves fan and a Marlins fan at the same time.

cmWg8PA.gif

Chris R

Mariners starting pitchers can't even reach the 6th any more.

Pitching will be shit and the hitting will pick up this season, still gonna finish 4th in the West.

zulux21

this is a beautiful number of pitches per inning

tampa just got another hit. hopefully sale closes off the inning quickly.

edit: bleh the 7th should have been done with 78 pitches but then a wild error appeared @_@

zulux21

a lady is down at the rays game now as there is a small cut out in the screen for photographers that a ball went through.

sale had to pitch 5 extra pitches due to the error so is now at 82 pitches through 7 which is closer to 12 per inning but still could see a complete game from sale if the white sox can score.

edit: rays change pitcher ideally the white sox can get it going.

also the lady that was hit is now being taken off via stretcher >.<;
image of them prepping her for it. (doesn't show her)

the guy that hit her is in the stands (at least I think it is him, really hard to tell with everyone wearing 42 today)
he looks depressed, and I think he got pulled from the game.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Tyrell Jenkins had a nice start tonight. 6 innings, 5 hits, no runs, 1 walk, 5 strikeouts. Got a lot of groundballs. Good to see.

And Max Povse had another dominant start in Carolina. 7 innings, 2 hits, no runs, 1 walk, 7 strikeouts, 9-1 go:fo. He needs to be promoted soon.

cashman

Banned
It's official:

Stefan Stevenson &#8207;@StevensonFWST 3m3 minutes ago
Sources: Adrian Beltre, #Rangers agrees to two-year, $36 million extension.

zulux21

Hope she is alright.

they didn't make it sound good.
I am sure we will get an update later.

injuries aside the actual ball game is a classic pitchers duel.
sale will likely be back in the 9th since he only pitched 94 pitches through 8 innings.

Such a pretty swing. Reason I'm a Mariner fan being from Upstate NY and lived on the east coast my entire 33 years.

Wat.

Damn this late night madness in Oakland followed by a day game tomorrow. Can't believe they aren't even starting for an hour. Por favor, Cosmic Cheese!

zulux21

It's official:

Stefan Stevenson &#8207;@StevensonFWST 3m3 minutes ago
Sources: Adrian Beltre, #Rangers agrees to two-year, $36 million extension.

I can't figure out why you would sign a 37 year old for his 38 and 39 year old seasons at the most he has ever been paid or sign this now.

even if he goes on to hit .400 with 50 home runs I can't imagine that he would cost much more than that in the off season o_O

I can't figure out why you would sign a 37 year old for his 38 and 39 year old seasons at the most he has ever been paid or sign this now.

even if he goes on to hit .400 with 50 home runs I can't imagine that he would cost much more than that in the off season o_O

Bargain compared to what Bautista wants :p

There's probably some value in locking up a probable HoFer until his retirement. Beltre is also pretty good and probably will be worth $36m (he did put 4.6 WAR last year)

That's like the only possible justification for the Miguel Cabrera deal, too (although that is obviously much worse)

zulux21

Bargain compared to what Bautista wants :p

i kind of figure the deal went down like.
Beltre "I don't want to resign with you there isn't an offer you can make to make me stay."
Rangers. "2 years 36 mil?"
Beltre "... Fine."

in other news the rays need to seriously work on their outfield communication as the replacement outfielders just ran into each other... not in a super dangerous way (aka perfectly fine) but still)

edit: WHITE SOX SCORE!!!!!

What?

I am born and raised in Syracuse NY and now live in Connecticut. I am a Mariner fan.

What's up?

I'm confused how you came to be a fan of the team. Pre-internet era, I can't imagine they broadcast Mariners games in NY. How did you even watch them? Just ESPN highlights? Did you visit Seattle often?

There's a die hard Royals fan from South Korea who was all over the team before they got good, so anything is possible.

zulux21

white sox win on a 1-0
2 hit shut out by chris sale.
now tied with the cubs record wise, and only likely a half game behind the nats for the best record in baseball (and still have the best record in the AL)

Macattk15

I'm confused how you came to be a fan of the team. Pre-internet era, I can't imagine they broadcast Mariners games in NY. How did you even watch them? Just ESPN highlights? Did you visit Seattle often?

There's a die hard Royals fan from South Korea who was all over the team before they got good, so anything is possible.

Just highlights mainly yeah. Never really saw games. Saw Griffey ... became my favorite player .... decided I wanted to bat left handed like him even though I threw right ... so I did all threw my baseball career.

1995. MLB.TV didn't really exist till the awesome 2001 Mariner season.

Super Nintendo game.

Been to Seattle a few times but not until my 20s. I also liked the Supersonics Kemp/Payton era ... and of course the Seahawks.

I should probably move.

Top Bottom