• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

y3YcRoJ.jpg

I tried, GAF...

Pollux

Congrats bro. See you tomorrow at lunch...

The 2 starters were great imo. I think they could all get busy with enough play time to work out the jitters. Just hasnt happened that way
Haha yeah. After last year I'll take what I can get. Y'all looked good until the 9th

It's early, but this team seems to be the same sputter offense it was last year. Something on offense needs to change.
Nothing's changing on that front without a major trade unless Adams/Wong/Grichuk finally take a step or two forward.

I don't know how much blame Mabry should have in this but he's had more than enough time to prove his worth in the past few seasons.

Beckx

Cory Luebke makes his first pitches since 2012.

Two TJ surgeries and a staph infection since then.

Now he's throwing the top of the 9th for the Bucs.

Beckx

So:

Cards have lost 8 straight on the road

Pirates beat Leake for the first time in 18 starts

Pirates get a sweep in their home opener (3 games+) for the first time since 1973.

Marz

So glad the Yankees have a second baseman again. Lets see how his defense holds up though. Defense is going to be a problem this year.

Also interested to see if A-Rod can match his production from last season. Dont know if he should be batting no.3 tbh.

Top Bottom