• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Because Don Mattingly is a fucking idiot and there is no DH in the NL. Believe me, if he was still on the Yankees I bet Girardi would have him playing DH until he hit 3000.

Or he realized that when Ichiro played almost every day last year, he was pretty bad

Probably also wants him to get 3000 at home (as if the 10 Miami fans care)

The braves almost signed Arod before that ridiculous Texas offer.

I remember that offseason. The Braves wanted to move Furcal to 2B and sign A-Rod. They also wanted to sign Mike Hampton. But then the Rangers and Rockies moved in with those totally nuts contracts.

The speculated offer the Braves made to A-Rod was a 8-year, $160 million deal, similar to what Manny Ramirez got.

zulux21

If Prince Fielder didn't break down this year, do you guys think he would have had a shot at HOF? After last year it seemed like he was back and would easily end with 500HR and possibly 3000hits. Not so much anymore.

No.

lets just assume he matched last year repeatedly.

he would need a little over 8 seasons more of that production to reach 500 home runs and

and a little under 8 seasons of that production to get 3k hits.

that would be age 32-40 seasons which given his body condition was never going to happen.

Ken Rosenthal is reporting the Braves were originally targeting Ryan Braun before being informed they were on Braun's no-trade list. There are only six teams that the Brewers can trade Braun to without his permission. So the Braves acquired Matt Kemp instead.

wbsmcs

No.

lets just assume he matched last year repeatedly.

he would need a little over 8 seasons more of that production to reach 500 home runs and

and a little under 8 seasons of that production to get 3k hits.

that would be age 32-40 seasons which given his body condition was never going to happen.

Yea, I suppose doing that in your 37-40 range is very hard. It's just that he was a player who never missed a game, but I guess a body like that breaks down eventually.

BFIB

Something wrong with Ichiro getting 3,000 in a Marlins uni and not in his Mariners uni.

I hope people Photoshop his 3,000th hit and put him in the proper attire.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anthony DiComo ‏@AnthonyDiComo

Mets are still weighing Logan Verrett's next turn in the rotation. Could be him. Could be Jon Niese. Could be a rookie such as Gabriel Ynoa.

Edit -
Mike Puma ‏@NYPost_Mets

Collins said he didn't consider Nimmo for Bruce pinch running last night because for all he knows Bruce is faster.

Lol go home, Terry, you are drunk.

Mets are still weighing Logan Verrett's next turn in the rotation. Could be him. Could be Jon Niese. Could be a rookie such as Gabriel Ynoa.

Edit -
Mike Puma ‏@NYPost_Mets

Collins said he didn't consider Nimmo for Bruce pinch running last night because for all he knows Bruce is faster.

The one W we can take from this season is TC getting tired of this continues.

Malo

Banned

Edit -
Mike Puma ‏@NYPost_Mets

Lolololol

Damn ARod's career really gonna end today (or at the end of the year whatevs)

:(

#PrayForRando
#PrayForTheYanquisCouncil

MLB NETWORK REPORTING AROD RETIRING AT END OF WEEK, will become special consultant for Yankees Org.

RBH

Ken Rosenthal is reporting the Braves were originally targeting Ryan Braun before being informed they were on Braun's no-trade list. There are only six teams that the Brewers can trade Braun to without his permission. So the Braves acquired Matt Kemp instead.

Damn, that would've been interesting

Choomp

Banned

Edit -
Mike Puma ‏@NYPost_Mets

Terry's all, "Can A-Rod play center?"

RBH

XRH6tFO.gif

Xz1loSa.gif

sangreal

Has A-Rod said why he's retiring though? I would imagine 700 would be the only real thing that he could chase considering the Yanks are still rebuilding. Is it the same as Ortiz, the grind of the season getting to him?

the yanks were going to release him so he opted for this new role instead of finding a new team

BFIB

I want to thank A-Rod for not dragging this out so ESPN can have a slob knob fest all season like they are with Ortiz.

Malo

Banned
arod mentoring torres and mateo?? yes plz.
Jack Curry

In terms of scouting/evaluating, ARod has previously advised the Yankees' about amateur players. Damon Oppenheimer raved about ARod.

It's going to be great.

Cash just said A-Rod money is still impacting player budget and lux tax.

i remember this play. i also remember a lot of players after the fact saying they do it all the time but it never working. it works for arod and he gets shit ;)

In a lot of ways, it is what it is. Thankful it was a game midseason during the shitty era of the Jays, and not you know, knocking Arroyo's glove off him in a playoff series.

Top Bottom