• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
HANK CONGER. WHAT A MOVE.

seriously though if this means the end of rene rivera then thank fucking god. just sick of him trying to take an AB and failing miserably.

just surprised the rays traded for him considering how woeful he was defensively last year, doesn't really fit their profile.

jbug617

Banned
Crasnick tweeting that the Braves are probably going to hold on to Shelby Miller.

The Padres are shopping James Shields

BFIB

Crasnick tweeting that the Braves are probably going to hold on to Shelby Miller.

The Padres are shopping James Shields
They are going to let Grienke sign, then see who scrambles on a trade. Smart move, they could move him at the trade deadline too. My guess is he'll be a Yankee.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of Madson, I saw an amusing stat on him the other day.

I forget the exact numbers but apparently his ERA against the Blue Jays last season was like 15+ and his ERA against the rest of the league was around 1.6 or so.

I knew we had an inordinate amount of success against him but that's crazy, haha

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wait, what? That's not what anyone else thought.

0MIik7pl.jpg

Not yet. We still don't have Carrasco and Kluber.

I am hoping that's where this shit is going at least.

Give me fucking something.

The announcement of Atkins was probably and wisely held until after news leaked about Price going to the Red Sox so he doesn't look bad.

The Jays still don't look that bad though but I really want to see what they do over the course of next week.

I wonder what kind of deal Lackey will get. I'd love for him to come back to the Cards.

I'd rather get the draft pick, I think, than Lackey for 3 years like he's probably asking for. Not sure I want 40yo Lackey (or even 38yo Lackey)

Mike Leake and/or Mark Buehrle are better because we don't give up our draft pick, imo. Buehrle would be such a good story too

So far this off-season the Jays as a club have:

- failed to sign Price
- traded one of their few good relievers for a bottom of the rotation starter
- signed Estrada
- signed Happ
- replaced Anthopolous with Atkins
- replaced the good vibes I had with a sense of creeping dread

So far this off-season the Jays as a club have:

- failed to sign Price
- traded one of their few good relievers for a bottom of the rotation starter
- signed Estrada
- signed Happ
- replaced Anthopolous with Atkins
- replaced the good vibes I had with a sense of creeping dread

Welcome to Jaysville!

Jays are still stacked top to bottom and are still one of the favorites in the East even with Boston's moves. Toronto, you should be happy and enjoying this time.

rekameohs

Banned
I hope the new D-backs unis encorporate the awesome DB logo more. That's a fantastic logo, but they don't accentuate it enough.

Arizona%2BDiamondbacks%2BSecondary%2Bdb%2BSnake%2BHead%2BShoulder%2BPatch%2BLogo.gif

lol not only did they not, but they threw it out completely. At least the script is better, but "D-backs" is still dumb to put on unis.

Sublimated pants are pretty bad, but I honestly kinda like the road grays.

edit: Ohh, I actually really like the look of the teal alts they just rolled out. Make those the regulars instead, please.

CVWVQQmUAAAImVt.jpg

CVWVhPEUEAAQ6sw.jpg

Those uniforms would look good if they got rid of the red color fading.on the pants and the shoulders of the jersey.

But yeah they need to get rid of D-Backs.

Top Bottom