• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

I don't believe you.

Reports have been pretty consistent that Cardinals could add at least one big player this offseason. They're insanely profitable, have had a payroll below what they could do for a while, and have contracts coming off the book soon (Holliday's) or decreasing because they were frontloaded deals (Peralta)

Heyward just seems too similar to McGwire, Rolen, Edmonds, and Holliday to me. All were traded to the Cardinals in their walk year and all four resigned with the Cardinals.

Unless the Yankees dump an absolutely absurd amount of money at his door I have to think the Cardinals are a pretty safe bet

Carrasco would take unloading the farm.

So would Salazar, I believe, because while he didn't have as good a season as Carrasco did, he is 3 years younger. Price got overpaid, but considering the market that's not a bad idea because if he fails Boston still has a top 5 or so farm in the game.

Barry Bonds has accepted the position. He is now the co-hitting coach of the Marlins.

The rumored deal Greinke is going to get is 6 years, $210 million. $35 million AAV.

Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowden_ESPN 1h
I am now expecting Zack Greinke to land a 6-year deal with an average annual value of $32m per year with his landing spot either with the Dodgers or Giants and a decision in the next 48 hours according to a source close to the situation. tick tock tick tock.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Gimme a robot arm, I wanna pitch

flEIIkO.gif

Don't worry baseballGAF ya'll are the first one's I'll rep in my initial presser when they sign me as a bonus baby. :D

(LET ME HAVE MY DREAMS DAMMIT)

I do plan to make one last go of it next year, rehabbing/strength training like a mo'fo the last couple months. A submarine RP who throws 88-89 with a fucked elbow is basically a lock to make the show in a year, tbh.

Josh5890

Since Price is getting that much, I'm scared as too how much the Cubs will have to pay Arrieta if that kid has another Cy Young season next year.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I do plan to make one last go of it next year, rehabbing/strength training like a mo'fo the last couple months. A submarine RP who throws 88-89 with a fucked elbow is basically a lock to make the show in a year, tbh.
Just have to throw a filthy frisbee slider like Neshek!

I'm still so pissed at the Twins cutting bait with the guy when he was rehabbing. He was a local, awesome guy. Fuck you forever Bill Smith.

kIdMuScLe

So is kershaw gonna be the first $50 mil AAV pitcher after his contract is up?

Edit : yup I think he will be because kershaw will be 29 when he opts out of his contract lol!

Top Bottom