• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Had no idea that 8 RBIs since the beginning of June was so enticing.

rabble rabble shouldn't use RBI to judge rabble rabble

You don't have to use RBI to show how much Smoak sucks. Dude is a scrub.

In the last 30 years, there have been 55 first baseman (including Smoak) who have been given 1,000+ plate appearances through their age 25 season. Every single one of them hit better than Smoak has, and we’re not just talking raw numbers that can be explained away by Safeco Field or the change in run environments. By wRC+, which accounts for both a player’s home park and the average performance of the league at the time, Smoak’s 87 is the worst of the 55 players on the list.

Travis Lee was better. Greg Colbrunn was better. Casey Kotchman was better. John Mabry was better. Conor Jackson was better. Brad Fullmer was better.

Braves just announced that Ben Sheets will be called up to pitch against the Mets on Sunday. No decision has been made publicly on whether Mike Minor or Randall Delgado goes down.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Braves just announced that Ben Sheets will be called up to pitch against the Mets on Sunday. No decision has been made publicly on whether Mike Minor or Randall Delgado goes down.
I'm guessing Delgado will go down because I assume he has more options.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
now that Michael Cuddyer is in the National League he has added a few more stadiums to his Flickr page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fivebball/sets/
7264637712_2cb3520754_o.jpg

7264643112_6728a13864_o.jpg

Blearth

Banned
I think it's awesome to see a ballpark that actually looks unique instead of playing it safe and looking like every other park.

I think it's awesome to see a ballpark that actually looks unique instead of playing it safe and looking like every other park.

Yeah I like Marlins Parks, got a unique look to it, looks like a fun park to visit. Not sure why they didn't have the All Star game there this year, instead of shitty KC.

Branduil

Not every ballpark looks the same. There are plenty that look unique without looking like a misplaced Las Vegas attraction.

dmag1223

Hey, have any of you guys ever made a weekend trip out to Cooperstown? A couple of my buddies and I are going the weekend of the 28th (couldn't make it to induction weekend unfortunately). If so, any recommendations in regards to places to stay, restaurants, other things to see, etc? We are obviously going to see the HOF first and foremost, just seeing what else is out there.

Fox318

Hey, have any of you guys ever made a weekend trip out to Cooperstown? A couple of my buddies and I are going the weekend of the 28th (couldn't make it to induction weekend unfortunately). If so, any recommendations in regards to places to stay, restaurants, other things to see, etc? We are obviously going to see the HOF first and foremost, just seeing what else is out there.

I'm not joking when I say that I have been to Cooperstown and the HOF over 200 times.

You will probably go ape shit on main street with all of the stores but make sure you check out Doubleday field as there is a little store next to the ice creme window that is awesome.

In fact the only place I haven't been on main street is the wax museum. Look out for Pete Rose as he tends to sign autographs at one of the Cafes every year.

Also there is a pretty good hot dog place underneath Mickeys place that is pretty good.

As far as accommodation if you didn't already make them it could be tough. If you have the cash for it The Otesaga is a fantastic place to stay and their Golf Course is awesome. Hell even if you don't stay there go and eat lunch their if it isn't packed.

Also prepare to see tons of red sox fans.

Fox318

I'm from NY and I need to go to Cooperstown.

As a Yankee fan you would love it. The HOF is worth it just to see main street alone. The HOF is like an amazing bonus. Besides the plaques they have a ton of memorabilia and they have two theaters that showcase the fun of baseball and the history of it. I loved it when I was little for their baseball card wall. I still drool everytime I pass their Honus Wagner card.

bjb

Banned
lol watching Chipper give the pre-game speech in the clubhouse was so cringe worthy.

Half of the guys weren't even making eye contact with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom