• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toth

How do you not score a lead off double?

Honestly, this team keeps getting worse.

edit: and has ichiro really done anything to help this team win yet?

zulux21

Geovany Soto traded as well

hehe Soto... I remember the days when he was going to be the greatest catcher that ever played the game of baseball... that he was going to lead the cubs to 10 straight world series wins lulz....

I wonder what the cubs will get for a guy which has basically fallen to pretty much a back up catcher stats wise :p

tc farks

hehe Soto... I remember the days when he was going to be the greatest catcher that ever played the game of baseball... that he was going to lead the cubs to 10 straight world series wins lulz....

I wonder what the cubs will get for a guy which has basically fallen to pretty much a back up catcher stats wise :p

I've heard to the Mets for Josh Thole. Don't believe it though.

zulux21

that was beautiful alex rios... from 5ft in front of the warning track off a rebound form the wall nailed span on a strike to second (line drive, didn't bounce at all, right to the short stops chest)

zulux21

I've heard to the Mets for Josh Thole. Don't believe it though.

*looks up Josh Thole*
Cheaper...
has far better numbers batting wise...
under team control for longer....
I don't know how he is at defense/calling a game but I couldn't remotely understand why the Mets would make that trade even if the cubs were paying all of soto's contract this year.

as for reed
9:44pm: The Giants aren't getting Johnson according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle (on Twitter). It's not the Tigers, according to Jon Heyman (on Twitter).

9:39pm: The Pirates don't appear to have acquired Johnson, Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review tweets.

Sit your ass down Pagan.
*looks up Josh Thole*
Cheaper...
has far better numbers batting wise...
under team control for longer....
I don't know how he is at defense/calling a game but I couldn't remotely understand why the Mets would make that trade even if the cubs were paying all of soto's contract this year.

as for reed
Thole is hot ass and is not a Starting C. As least Soto has been in his career, plus is a RHH. But a straight swap? No way.

zulux21

LOL
how do you tie the game and get past Mauer....
you do a barrel roll :p
it was an ugly barrel roll like slide... but I will take the tie.. now to keep it going and keep them from scoring and win this game to get 2.5 in front of the tigers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom