• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
At least Marte is having a solid game.

I'm starting to think we're not going to get any kind of a bat before the trade deadline, which is going to suck considering our hitting, while not non-existent like last season, has cooled off a bit and our starting pitching and bullpen seem to be in shambles :/

zulux21

10:08pm: The Cubs are getting two minor league pitchers in the deal, ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick tweets. Mike Minor, Randall Delgado, Julio Teheran and Sean Gilmartin aren't in the trade.

I am guessing that is good news for braves fans?
I don't know their farm system at all.

harSon

Banned
The Pirates put way too much stock into their prospects. I can understand of being protective of Cole and Marte, considering they're pretty much guaranteed to be productive in the future, but everyone else is a question mark :|

ianswoody

I am guessing that is good news for braves fans?
I don't know their farm system at all.

Not good news for Cubs fans, however. Going through some of ATL's other minor leaguers, I see some potential underneath that tier, but was really hoping for at least one of those guys. Glad Maholm has been beast mode lately so we could sell high on him. I knew he was gonna get traded after his last outing, but was surprised how under the radar he was on the rumor mill.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Not good news for Cubs fans, however. Going through some of ATL's other minor leaguers, I see some potential underneath that tier, but was really hoping for at least one of those guys. Glad Maholm has been beast mode lately so we could sell high on him. I knew he was gonna get traded after his last outing, but was surprised how under the radar he was on the rumor mill.
that would be the steal of the century if the braves gave up one of those for those two.

ianswoody

It's Vizcaino.

FUCK

CWSA

zulux21

10:41pm: Arodys Vizcaino, who had Tommy John surgery this spring, is the other player going to Chicago, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter).

10:31pm: Jaye Chapman is going to the Cubs in the deal, Crasnick tweets.

who the braves are sending.
edit: I feel I may have been slow :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom