• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOODNESS

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS

MY GRACIOUS

JASON BAY ACTUALLY HIT AN OPPOSITE FIELD HOME RUN

OF ALL THE DRAMATIC THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN...

JASON BAY HAS ACTUALLY HIT AN HOME RUN!!!

bluemax

Banned
I'll always like Blanton for hitting a HR for the Phillies in the World Series, but he's not a good pitcher at this point in his career. He is a fringe 5th pitcher.

He was having a good season if you took into account how much the Phillies park was killing him.

The Brewers are so bad, they made Gameday glitch out.

oCuGl.png

... Apparently Reds are swinging at the 1st pitch every chance. Mesorasco swings and bloops a single on the 1st pitch of the inning.

Then again Harvey did have a stretch of 17 straight strikes earlier in the game.

EDIT: a 90 MPH slider by Harvey. JESUS.

... Apparently Reds are swinging at the 1st pitch every chance. Mesorasco swings and bloops a single on the 1st pitch of the inning.

Then again Harvey did have a stretch of 17 straight strikes earlier in the game.

EDIT: a 90 MPH slider by Harvey. JESUS.
Cant wait to see Harvey later tonite on MLB.TV. looking at number of pitches hw might pitch complete game.

Matt Harvey allows a "questionable" walk there, and that's his last pitch. TC removing him and Harvey is either pissed at the ump, the walk or leaving the game.

7.2 IP
1 R/ER
4 H
1 BB
8 K's
89 pitches thrown

Kemp is claiming he was ejected for saying "Let's go, 'Dre" to Ethier during his at-bat. Dodgers are filing a complaint against umpire Angel Campos.

... I don't know if Ike might be hurt, but on a misplayed ball the rolled to the ball and bounced around in center, he should be on 3rd. There no excuse for him to be loafing on that play.

-- The Braves are 15-0 in Kris Medlen's last 15 starts, ranging back to 2010. The last time the Braves won 15 straight games with a specific pitcher was when they won 15 straight John Smoltz starts in 1996.

-- The Braves now have four different starters who have thrown complete game shutouts this season: 5/17 - Brandon Beachy vs. Marlins, 6/5 - Tim Hudson vs. Marlins, 8/10 - Paul Maholm vs. Mets, 8/16 - Kris Medlen vs. Padres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom