• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
Aaron "Cycle" Hill, Jason Kubel, Paul Goldschmidt, and Willie Bloomquist are batting over .297, with Justin Upton and Miguel Montero not far behind. This lineup's finally becoming the force to be reckoned with that was advertised at the start of the season.

Aaron "Cycle" Hill, Jason Kubel, Paul Goldschmidt, and Willie Bloomquist are batting over .297, with Justin Upton and Miguel Montero not far behind. This lineup's finally becoming the force to be reckoned with that was advertised at the start of the season.

You can't just give him Ryan Braun's nickname like that.

h3ro

You can't just give him Ryan Braun's nickname like that.

ZMCHu.jpg

ez is one of us. one of us. one of us.

I love listening to Vin Scully solo. I don't need some meathead color commentater giving his 2 cents and saying a bunch of shit that everybody already knows. Vin sticks to the facts. That's all I need. Plus I honestly believe he has no notes or cue cards and just makes up all the little anecdotes and background info he gives on every player.

rekameohs

Banned
Vin's a great announcer. Sure, his voice does seem to have the magical ability to make you sleepy, but the way he remembers all those stories and has been able to broadcast for so many decades is just awesome.

Sanjuro

The only downside about Vin is that he is stuck just doing the Dodgers. I would love him doing the World Series or a weekly national broadcast.

At this stage he is simply too old and there is no other commentator which even comes close to rival.

I'd love for Vin Scully to be paired with either Joe Morgan or Mitch Williams. With an inning each game dedicated to sabremetrics.

yNfUz.png

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
The only downside about Vin is that he is stuck just doing the Dodgers. I would love him doing the World Series or a weekly national broadcast.

At this stage he is simply too old and there is no other commentator which even comes close to rival.

He's done World Series before, I just think Fox and TBS are in some vice grip where they can't use decent commentators.

Sanjuro

He's done World Series before, I just think Fox and TBS are in some vice grip where they can't use decent commentators.

I know, he is just a relic in comparison to the current style that the modern day networks would want. I'm pretty sure Vin Scully couldn't get people excited about Season Twelve of So I'm Smarter than a Penn Stater.

Yup. He's like a window into the past of baseball.

When does FOX's WS rights end?

I think they re-upped it fairly recently for a few more years. The only network who would even be interested is probably NBC (which is fantastic) because of their new sports network launch.

beanman25

Was at the Cardinals game last night. Despite getting stomped by the Pirates, it was nice to see Beltran's 2000th hit in person.

lol Vin Scully. If this was a no-hitter, no way Duda would be in the game. Hairston would be in LF, Kirk would be in right.

Can someone get Scully a color commentator? He's killing me, I want to sleep listening to his monotone voice.

Seriously? I wonder what you would of said about Chick Hearn RIP :(?

Wait I be nice.

Sorry guys I get alittle salty when I hear negative comments towards hometown HOF announcers

clemenx

Banned
I think the rumor was Zach Lee for Jed Lowrie but it was later clarified. I think they just got their Lee's mixed up. NO way Carlos Lee is worth more than a marginal prospect.

Ah ok, that makes sense but you never know in Baseball.

The Giants traded Zach Wheeler for two months of Carlos Beltran. Believe it.
Carlos Lee isn't a HOF talent, nice try though!

jakncoke

Banned
i hope eventually we have a plan to get rid of the instant outs in our line up. i wonder if we'd break the loss record if andrew mccutchen wasnt on our team.

Culex

Banned
Just left the stadium. Great game. Kuroda pitched well after struggling in the 1st. I was in the grandstand and it was hot as balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom