• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
New York Mets
‏@Mets
The ‪#Mets‬ have claimed RHP Chris Schwinden off waivers from the Yankees and optioned him to Buffalo (AAA).

lol

Smokey

I just want to say that the Astros road record is absymal and we are on our way to the second straight 100 loss season. feelsgoodman

at least fat carlos is gone

Talon

AAA teams aren't in the same city as their Major League affiliates. The Mets' AAA team is in Buffalo, while the Yankees' is in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
I thought he was joining the major league roster, not signing a minor league contract.

Corrected!

sangreal

AAA teams aren't in the same city as their Major League affiliates. The Mets' AAA team is in Buffalo, while the Yankees' is in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

The Empire State Yankees do not have a home, they play all their games on the road.

The stadium in Scranton is being renovated. They were actually supposed to play across the river in Newark, but the Mets are assholes.

Holy shit @ that Pujols WAR graph.

He could have retired THREE YEARS AGO and been a legit first-ballot.
Hitting .331/.426/.624 over a period of 10 seasons will do that sort of thing. And technically you have to play 10 seasons to be HoF eligible.

I love how straight that line is for most of his career though. The consistency amazes me just as much as the raw numbers tbh.

The Mets optioned RHP Jeremy Hefner to Triple-A Buffalo, the team announced.

Hefner allowed three runs and five hits in today’s 9-2 loss to the Phillies.

Overall, Hefner has a 5.64 ERA in ten games and three starts for the Mets this season.

Pedro Beato will be promoted from Triple-A Buffalo to take Hefner’s spot on the active roster.

In 16 games with Triple-A Buffalo, Beato is 3-2 with a 1.13 ERA in 24 innings, having allowed 15 hits, three earned runs and nine walks while striking out 18 and holding opponents to a .179 average.

Beato missed the first two months of the season with a right rotator cuff strain. He was activated from the disabled list on June 6 but was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo on June 8.
Pedro Beato has been killing fools while building up arm strength, about time they called him up. I'd think he automatically slides in as the 8th inning setup guy while Ramirez pitches the 7th. Hefner just isn't a relief pitcher, so now he can go back to Buffalo and get stretched out as a starter again.

Freese, the first Cardinals player to win the Final Vote, pushed his RBI total to 50 on Wednesday with a two-run single. The only NL third basemen with more this season is Mets All-Star David Wright. Freese is batting .285, and .282 with runners in scoring position. He ranks second among all NL third baseman with 13 home runs.

He deserves it.

Updated All-Star Rosters:

National League

Starting Lineup
C - Buster Posey
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Dan Uggla
3B - Pablo Sandoval
SS - Rafael Furcal
OF - Carlos Beltran
OF - Melky Cabrera
OF - Ryan Braun

Pitchers
SP - Matt Cain
SP - R.A. Dickey
SP - Gio Gonzalez
SP - Cole Hamels
SP - Clayton Kershaw
SP - Lance Lynn
SP - Wade Miley
SP - Stephen Strasburg
RP - Aroldis Chapman
RP - Joel Hanrahan
RP - Craig Kimbrel
RP - Jonathan Papelbon
RP - Huston Street

Bench
C - Yadier Molina
C - Carlos Ruiz
1B - Brian LaHair
2B - Jose Altuve
3B - David Freese
3B - Chipper Jones (injury substitute for Matt Kemp)
3B - David Wright
SS - Ian Desmond
OF - Jay Bruce
OF - Carlos Gonzalez
OF - Matt Kemp (will not play due to injury)
OF - Andrew McCutchen
OF - Giancarlo Stanton

American League

Starting Lineup
C - Mike Napoli
1B - Prince Fielder
2B - Robinson Cano
3B - Adrian Beltre
SS - Derek Jeter
OF - Josh Hamilton
OF - Curtis Granderson
OF - Jose Bautista
DH - David Ortiz

Pitchers
SP - Yu Darvish
SP - Matt Harrison
SP - Felix Hernandez
SP - David Price
SP - C.C. Sabathia (will not play due to injury)
SP - Chris Sale
SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Jered Weaver
SP - C.J. Wilson (injury substitute for C.C. Sabathia)
RP - Ryan Cook
RP - Jim Johnson
RP - Joe Nathan
RP - Chris Perez
RP - Fernando Rodney

Bench
C - Joe Mauer
C - Matt Wieters
1B - Paul Konerko
2B - Ian Kinsler
SS - Elvis Andrus
SS - Asdrubal Cabrera
3B - Miguel Cabrera
OF - Adam Jones
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Mark Trumbo
DH - Billy Butler
DH - Adam Dunn

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad to see the final voting and how it went. I think the two were very deserving of their entries. I am a bit biased towards Freese, but remember, before the whole Giants voting mystery, he was pretty close in voting at second behind Wright, he's also got some good numbers as posted above.

Darvish has also done well and if anything this is good for MLB in general as it will bring more attention from foreign countries.

RBH

The Chase Headley market remains hot, with the Dodgers, Pirates, Indians, Orioles, Diamondbacks and at least two other teams believed to have some level of interest in San Diego's switch-hitting third baseman.

The Padres don't have an aversion to trading within their division, but a touchy recent history (several of the respective teams' executives have switched teams) may make a trade a bit tricky between the Padres and D-Backs.

It shouldn't be a surprise Headley is popular considering the paucity of proven hitters on the trade market. The Padres don't have to trade him, but do have a top prospect, Jedd Gyorko, who seems ready to play third base in San Diego.

The Padres could keep Headley into the winter, when the Braves, Reds and Phillies may join in the hunt for him. Those teams could have third-base openings to fill this winter.

In a weak hitting market, Headley, 28, brings a lot of plusses. The switch hitter makes a reasonable $3.475 million and remains under team control through 2014. He has a career .811 OPS on the road (compared to .666 at PETCO Park), showing his hitting ability goes beyond his overall numbers. He has a .794 OPS overall this year, with eight homers, 41 RBI and a .271 batting average.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/j...ucs-os-d-backs-and-tribe-among-likely-suitors

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
No offense to you Giants but 2 of your starters shouldn't be starting.

5xm4P.png

Freddy Sanchez is having season-ending shoulder surgery today.
Sigh

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I know. I complain about it every year too. I understand its for the fans but it gets way too out of control.

Well ya it needs to be changed. Especially if MLB still wants the All Star game to actually mean something. But we still have Selig...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom