• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul took his 2-year-old son to a Dodgers game on Sunday. They were both wearing Dodgers caps and his son waved at the crowd. “They booed me bad,” he said. “I was just happy that my son didn’t know what was going on.” …

Typical classy Doyers fans.

Joe

Bobby V experiment going worse than I could have imagined so far. He just seems so out of place, he is not congruent with that location, franchise, or team at all.

Jon

Man, fuck West Coast games. Last night was done in a reasonable time, but with Blanton pitching tonight, it could go past 1 AM. Do any east-coast Gaffers prefer late night games?

Man, fuck West Coast games. Last night was done in a reasonable time, but with Blanton pitching tonight, it could go past 1 AM. Do any east-coast Gaffers prefer late night games?

I didnt get to watch 1 second of last nights game so fuck west coast games. It sucks so much having to be up at 6. I used to love west coast games since I could watch a team at 7 that I normally wouldnt get to see and then watch the Phils at 10, but now that I cant stay up late I hate them.

Meier

I'm glad I'm in Central now since it makes West coast games a little more reasonable to keep track of. As a Dodgers fan, it was always insanely frustrating when I was living in Florida.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I'm in Central now since it makes West coast games a little more reasonable to keep track of. As a Dodgers fan, it was always insanely frustrating when I was living in Florida.
Living in the Central time zone, I loathe west coast road trips. And I'm usually up that late anyway. I mostly hate having to wait until 9 for a game to start.

I love a good really late game. Most games are usually done by the time I wake up, so it's nice to be conscious while people are still playing baseball.

ToxicAdam

I don't mind west coast games. Our cable station replays the game in the morning, so I can catch the tail end of it when I wake up.

Sometimes watching baseball is a great way to doze off.

verbum

Heyward batting 2nd? Is this real life????

I think Fredi is kind of experimenting. Freeman batting second at the cost of Prado being off and Diaz starting. He probably forecast a shit storm if he batted Diaz in front of Heyward today.

Edit: Damn, 80% chance of rain tonight and a lot of storms southwest of Atlanta.

Binx

I think Fredi is kind of experimenting. Freeman batting second at the cost of Prado being off and Diaz starting. He probably forecast a shit storm if he batted Diaz in front of Heyward today.

Edit: Damn, 80% chance of rain tonight and a lot of storms southwest of Atlanta.

Just saw the lineup and was coming to post. Definitely approve of Heyward hitting 2nd, but yeah, it is already rumbling here in the NW burbs, so I'm worried about getting this one in. I hate rainouts!

verbum

Super vacation continues. Landed back late last night, Fenway Park tonight. Against Texas!

Did you bring back some ribs to chew on while you wait? I love the Texas BBQ rub on brisket and ribs. Also try some red or green pepper jelly mixed and heated with your favorite sauce on some ribs.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
draft order

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2012/order.jsp
So did you guys read this article on Dave Cameron:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120416&content_id=28844170&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

The story about Dave ripping into Pease on the newsgroups was hilarious given the things people have said to him over the years.

Edit: The comments on that story make me hate humanity.
good article. that video of him on mlb network was amusing, good first appearance, hopefully he has learned to move his head and blink since then though.
I legit did a giant fistpump when I saw that.
GAARQ.gif

Sanjuro

Did you bring back some ribs to chew on while you wait? I love the Texas BBQ rub on brisket and ribs. Also try some red or green pepper jelly mixed and heated with your favorite sauce on some ribs.

No ribs could fit into my carryon. Had some of the best home cooked ribs and beans Texas could offer. Late tonight you gents will see my Champion Dog pictures.

sangreal

DH Derek Jeter
1B Nick Swisher
2B Robinson Cano
3B Alex Rodriguez
RF Andruw Jones
CF Curtis Granderson
SS Eduardo Nunez
LF Brett Gardner
C Chris Stewart

What is this shit

so what you're saying is soon CygnusXS will be arrested for assaulting his father's girlfriend at his workplace? Get out of the country Cygnus.

if by CygnusXs you mean "Heyward" and by arrested you mean "0-4" and by assaulting his father's girlfriend at his workplace you mean "look like Chipper Jones after a bender", sure.

BTW that's Johan, not K-Rod.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
DH Derek Jeter
1B Nick Swisher
2B Robinson Cano
3B Alex Rodriguez
RF Andruw Jones
CF Curtis Granderson
SS Eduardo Nunez
LF Brett Gardner
C Chris Stewart

What is this shit
I believe that's called the "There's no way the Twins are scoring any runs against Sabathia" lineup.

Meohsix

DH Derek Jeter
1B Nick Swisher
2B Robinson Cano
3B Alex Rodriguez
RF Andruw Jones
CF Curtis Granderson
SS Eduardo Nunez
LF Brett Gardner
C Chris Stewart

What is this shit

Who the hell is Chris Stewart?
Edit: Wikipedia says he was a Yankees in 2008 also...

Don't remember him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom