• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Jerry Meals didn't give a damn. Just called everything away a strike for Pavano.
He just had a shitty strike zone. Both teams got calls for and against them.

z9Z5B.gif

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
"Justin Verlander can't get through the 9th" better not become one of those annoying trends that is self-fulfilling.

Fucking finally. You should have just taken him out Jim! Did all that smoking finally catch up to you and put you in a brief coma? Holy shit

and two 100 mph pitches in the last at bat when he had already thrown over 130 pitches. Jesus Christ Justin.....

turnbuckle

Fucking finally. You should have just taken him out Jim! Did all that smoking finally catch up to you and put you in a brief coma? Holy shit

and two 100 mph pitches in the last at bat when he had already thrown over 130 pitches. Jesus Christ Justin.....
Leave verlander in. valverde is done for. thank god he held on. hes loved making it dramatic this season

zulux21

I suppose I can stop paying attention to the game as it's over. The White Sox will do nothing but try to swing for the fences in the bottom of the 10th just like they were in the 9th :/

zulux21

Ouch, tough break for the sox.
I didn't have the radio on before the blown save but hands down it sounds like the sox deserve to lose with what I am hearing since I tuned in. just swinging for the fences in the bottom of the 9th and playing what sounds like terrible baseball in the top of the 10th :/

Leave verlander in. valverde is done for. thank god he held on. hes loved making it dramatic this season

I just don't want to relive the rays game on a regular basis. I don't think Valverde is done either. Just hasn't gotten those fly outs like last year. It'll come!

As a Twins fan, I love Leyland's reliance on Verlander once he gets to 130 pitches. That's the only time the Twins make any hay on him!

I know. Its hard to watch =(

RBH

Former Major League Baseball stars Darryl Strawberry and Eric Davis are executive producing a new documentary called Harvard Park for BET about growing up in South Central Los Angeles of the early 1980's.

The documentary profiles how a small park in a crime-plagued neighborhood became a sports proving ground for many future baseball stars including Strawberry, Davis, Frank Thomas and Barry Larkin.

Harvard Park is now available on Netflix and iTunes.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...eric-davis-jackie-robinson-day/1#.T4zrp44RZps

On April 15th of each year, Jackie Robinson Day, Major League Baseball now pauses to recognize the many contributions of this extraordinary man and athlete. It is in his memory that some of today’s greatest players tell of their trials and triumphs in the documentary entitled "Harvard Park." Baseball legends Darryl Strawberry and Eric Davis headline an all-star cast in this moving film which chronicles their off season training regime in historic South Central Los Angeles. Nicknamed “The Program,” Strawberry and Davis unofficially, but systematically, put together a workout and training routine that drew African-American players from the majors and the minors to an (admittedly) run down field in a dangerous part of town. And, although “The Program” attracted superstar players like Kenny Williams, David Farmer, Barry Larkin, Dejon Watson, Royce Clayton and Lenny Harris, to name just a few, they never left the neighborhood where it first began because they knew their presence at Harvard Park signified something greater to the neighborhood.

For over 10 years, these athletes would come together and share their talent and time to help one another become better players and, in the process, set a profound example of leadership and community, exemplifying Jackie Robinson’s famous quote, “A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.”

I’m Pauline Fischer, Vice President of Content Acquisition, and in honor of Jackie Robinson Day, we are happy to offer Harvard Park to instantly watch on Netflix.
http://blog.netflix.com/2012/04/play-ball_16.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom