• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prade

There is a magical place where the grass seems greener and the bashing of the Mets is simply divine. Come talk BIESBALL with the immortalized Windu and the Sharpest tool in the shed at the MLB gaf IRC today!

... I can't watch the game but I have a question... if the ball was hit hard was Kirk going on contact? Also why not stop halfway and try to start a prolonged rundown?

LJ11

... I can't watch the game but I have a question... if the ball was hit hard was Kirk going on contact? Also why not stop halfway and try to start a prolonged rundown?

Belt bobbled the ball, wasn't hit hard.

Bochy killed his pen in the ninth playing matchups, idiocy at its finest.

Bochy's terrible, I'd blow my brains out if I had to watch this dude manage on a daily basis.

I'm not his biggest fan but without a "real closer" he makes a lot more bullpen moves like this past inning. Slows the game but ehh, it worked (this time) so can't be too mad.

Why Francisco pitches so poorly in non-save situations I'll never get.
Good job Jerry, I mean Terry. Makes Bochy look like a genius.
Again, who the fuck is Hector Sanchez? I look at his stats and he's hitting .188. You can't agree that Schierholtz, who is far more proven and actually hit well last year, was the guy to face. And he's lefty!

EDIT: Whoops, the .188 was in regards to one of his "close and late" numbers. nvm.

Binx

Tyler and Beachey backing up Chipper and Heyward is genius. It would be bad to use up all our runs this early in the season. All part of Fredi's master plan.

LJ11

Again, who the fuck is Hector Sanchez? I look at his stats and he's hitting .188. You can't agree that Schierholtz, who is far more proven and actually hit well last year, was the guy to face. And he's lefty!

That's not really what ticked me off, it was putting an extra guy on base, wasn't necessary. It really didn't hurt him though since they didn't get the 2nd run in.

Sanchez is gonna be a stud. He hits the ball hard a lot but doesn't have much to show for it yet. He'll be a good player, probably giants catcher full time in a year or two.

Murphy and Wright look so good even when they make outs.

I swear I'd love to see a sac bunt out of Ike just to read the 1000 word rant by Cajole.

Prade

EDIT: Whoops, the .188 was in regards to one of his "close and late" numbers. nvm.

He's been hitting well tonight, and putting extra runners on could have made it a much bigger inning than need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom