• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That wasn't just a regular meltdown....that was like....I'm going to change my name to Giancarlo and then eat your mother on Mother's Day meltdown meltdown

so a 4-2 roadtrip that should be 6-0..

hqdefault.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, the New York Mets.
They'll no-sell the series and win 2 of 3 in NY vs. Milwaukee. It's their M.O.

I stepped away for a minute, but did Fredi leave Durbin out for two pitches and then put in O'Flaherty to face a righty? or did Durbin get hurt.

I mean, it worked out. but...?

eznark

Banned
LolHair 1-14 on the series. When that guy falls he falls hard.

Gotta win series to try and climb back to .500. I'll take it two of three.

Maxim726X

So let me get this straight... Parnell was unavailable because he threw 20+ pitches over the last two games? Huh.

I like Terry... Obviously this team is overachieving tremendously. But those are two games the Mets should have. Why would he go to Acosta??

So let me get this straight... Parnell was unavailable because he threw 20+ pitches over the last two games? Huh.

I like Terry... Obviously this team is overachieving tremendously. But those are two games the Mets should have. Why would he go to Acosta??
Here's a thought: Why not pitch Rauch? This was a guy that was in running for the closer role all spring and has been pretty god outside of a few hiccups. I know it was a challenge thing with TC and Acosta had been using all his pitches better, but the key with him is you can't put Acosta in pressure situations. Long reliever, maybe some 7th inning work... but not that situation. Hell I would've rather see him work the 7th inning and have Ramirez close if needed.

oh boy I was waiting for this...

MetsBlog.com said:
Following the game, Terry Collins said Frank Francisco erupted on the home-plate umpire during the ninth inning because he thought pitches that were called balls should have been strikes.

“All strikes,” Francisco said after the game. “I threw one a little high, because he didn’t call one at the knees. I threw a straight fastball right there. He didn’t call anything. And then I went a little higher to see. And he didn’t call the higher one. There’s nothing you can do about that. It’s their call. I feel like I should say something.”

Collins said he is concerned about Francisco, who, as far as he knows is healthy. However, he’s equally concerned about other parts of the team, following two rough losses to close out the road trip.

“We’ll address it,” Collins said. “I have eight options,” he replied, when asked if he has other options in the bullpen to be his closer in place of Francisco. “But, I’m not going to address that right now, when emotions are running high.”
I know he's hinting at closer by committee, but I bet you Rauch will get first crack at being the closer within a week.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Don't sweat the Nats; Braves'll be all right.

Probably.

First Nats-Braves series. Can't freaking wait.

The Braves start a series against the Reds tomorrow, which is more of my concern. Don't worry, I have complete faith that the Nats are a smoke and mirrors operation.

Votto is still a beast I see. Two homers and a double today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom