• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yanks get the Reds-Braves(twice)-Washington-Mets(twice)

I just don't understand.

What's funny is that sounds like a rough slate. Of course, the NL sucks, and the Yanks are as hot as they've been in years. So, no sweat. Probably will sweep the Braves, too.

I love when your team is doing well, and you try to consume as much baseball media as possible to enjoy the dickriding while it still lasts. Or when you go to the standings periodically and just look at them, even though you know where your team is.

They do it at home now.

I assume it's so that Youk can play 1st, right? What is the logic in that? "Hey you know what would snap our franchise, $160 million 1B out if his hitting slump? Lets make him play the outfield so that we can make space in the lineup for Kevin Youklis' decaying corpse!"

hemtae

I assume it's so that Youk can play 1st, right? What is the logic in that? "Hey you know what would snap our franchise, $160 million 1B out if his hitting slump? Lets make him play the outfield so that we can make space in the lineup for Kevin Youklis' decaying corpse!"

Well we won't have that problem for a while!

Carlbeego

Well the Red Sox let him participate in the home run derby after shoulder surgery in the off season a year ago.

It doesn't surprise me.

Buster Olney is reporting that the Blue Jays and Rockies are discussing a trade for Jeremy Guthrie. Since the Rockies are 25-40 and already 16 games out of first place, they are already in sell mode.

turnbuckle

First time really at a computer since the game - when our group met up outside Wrigley early last Thursday, Prince Fielder (looking sharp as heck) totally walked right by us. I saw Cecil at the last game I attended at old Tiger Stadium and he was huge (granted, I was 16 or so) so I was taken aback by how relatively small Fielder was. I knew he wasn't very tall, but standing up next to him it was a bit startling in more ways than one.

Here's a shot we got

VuQqa.jpg

The atmosphere at the game was unbelievable. There were definitely more Tigers' fans than Cubs at and around Wrigley.

That settles it: he didn't use PEDs.

Acquittal is interesting. I figured it wouldn't be a conviction, because you only need one person to be a fan, or to say fuck the government for wasting my time and my money to prevent that. But an acquittal rather than a hung jury is interesting.

Clemens wife sounded like a pretty good witness. Not sure about anything else,though, as I didn't actually follow the trial.

TheNatural

My Member!
I like the AT&T Park vs. Tropicana Field matchup :lol

I might actually have the chance to visit either Citi Field or Yankee Stadium within the next few weeks, so that will be fun.

I went to Shea for a Mets vs. Giants game 6-7 years ago. Always fun to check out other ballparks (even Tropicana).

Parks are one of the great things about baseball, as opposed to other sports where for the most part an arena is an arena, and a football stadium is a football stadium.

Even at levels of minor league, or even college baseball you have a lot of uniqueness and fun.

Yankee Stadium is like the Yankees themselves -- massive, grand, bloated and so obviously built for the 1 percenters that only the players can afford season tickets.

well with a write-up like that it's no wonder it's losing so bad to Coors.

I can't believe Jerome fucking Williams is starting against the Giants tonight.

Jerome > half the giants starter.. could be a #3....this year he's a #2 in your roster...Timmy who? lol

E: Glad to see Barry never win a championship

Barry= Lebron... But OKC is ruining that scenario

I like the AT&T Park vs. Tropicana Field matchup :lol

I might actually have the chance to visit either Citi Field or Yankee Stadium within the next few weeks, so that will be fun.

I went to Shea for a Mets vs. Giants game 6-7 years ago. Always fun to check out other ballparks (even Tropicana).

I'm always hearing that Citi Field is better experience than The New Yankee Stadium.

I'm thinking Clemens' not guilty verdict does nothing to de-taint his Hall of Fame bid. Still makes no sense that McNamee would tell the truth about Pettitte and Knoblauch (both said his statements about them were 100% accurate), but lie about Clemens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom