• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, Dusty walked to the dugout and got him Gatorade? Is he cramping or something? I've never seen a manager walk off and get a pitcher a drink before.

LJ11

Murphy's become such a hacker, doesn't draw walks and is content with fouling off pitches out of the zone than taking a called ball.

Murphy's become such a hacker, doesn't draw walks and is content with fouling off pitches out of the zone than taking a called ball.
I don't know what's happened to his "power". I mean dude hit a few homers last year, he does realize that if he's not taking walks, not hitting homers, and not reallly gettting many XBH he's basically Luis Castillo 2.0?

Whoops, my bad. Luis Castillo drew walks.

My prediction for tomorrow's lineup: Simmons bats 2nd, Heyward bats 8th.

I just wish he'd experiment for one or two series having Heyward up in the lineup to see what he can do when Uggla, Jones, McCann, and hopefully Freeman are behind him. I'm sure he'd see a lot better pitches than he does down in the lineup.

If Torres threw the ball on line Cozart is dead at home plate. My God Torres is having a terrible series week month. Tie game.

Oh BTW I hate this ump.

Great D.

Phillips didn't overswing and he gets a hit, what a surprise.
Actually that's not really Young's fault, pitcher has to back up home because that's usually where the play goes. Duda's throw wasn't terrible, but he was blocked by the runner. That's a situation where either the SS or LF has to back that play up.

Just a weird play and one backup responsibility that wasn't made.

EDIT: still, result is 3-1 Reds.
Incoming LLL post by TheNatural.

I gotta say, another good outing for Chris Young. I'm really happy for him and encouraged by his performances coming off such a major surgery, especially with his injury history.

Code:
Pitchers	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	PC-ST	ERA
C Young	        7.0     9	3	2	2	2	0	103-72	3.06

Prade

I gotta say, another good outing for Chris Young. I'm really happy for him and encouraged by his performances coming off such a major surgery, especially with his injury history.

Code:
Pitchers	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	PC-ST	ERA
C Young	        7.0     9	3	2	2	2	0	103-72	3.06

He's been pretty solid! Hopefully we can find someone else once he stubs his toe and goes down for the year his next start.

calder

Everytime Colby Rasmus gets a hit and they show his dad I'm expecting him to be starting an argument with someone. So far so good! :p

Link

The Autumn Wind
Amazing. Cueto had what? 50+ pitches after 2 innings, yet ends up making it through 7. Nice plate discipline, Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom