• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh Volquez, you so crazy.

not-my-problem.jpg

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
you're not supposed to back hand that! stupid bartlett. get in front of it.

edit: kemp's hand beat the tag

they should put computer chips inside gloves, bags, shoes etc.. and see which makes contact first. i'm sure there would be a way to do that.

Fenix

I don't know how to look this up, does anyone know how many times a bunt attempt has been immediately followed by a home run by the same batter?

calder

Awesome the Jays won, I was shopping for gifts after work and kept assuming the game would be over when I got back to the car. Even heard the end of the game on the way home hours after I left work.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't know how to look this up, does anyone know how many times a bunt attempt has been immediately followed by a home run by the same batter?

Just saw from Gregor apparently Arencibia wasn't suppose to bunt, and Perez wasn't suppose to pitch in the 16th inning. :eek:

Meier

Didn't record three outs and the tying run wasn't at least on-deck.

Alternately: Because the save rule is dumb as shit.

Interesting, I've never heard that 3 outs requirement unless the tying run is on deck. Thanks for clearing that up.

Fenix

I was always told that the tying run needs to be at least in the hole when the pitcher comes on in order to get the save (i.e. 3 outs with a 3-run lead).

Also, can someone gif Eddy in the dugout from 0:15-0:20 of the JPA HR vid?

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
I was always told that the tying run needs to be at least in the hole when the pitcher comes on in order to get the save (i.e. 3 outs with a 3-run lead).

Also, can someone gif Eddy in the dugout from 0:15-0:20 of the JPA HR vid?

Nah there is 3 conditions where a save is recorded, a pitcher needs to finish the game and either

1) pitch 1.0 inning where your team leads by no more than 3 runs.

2) pitch at least a 1/3 of an inning when the tying run is on base, at bat or on deck

3) pitch 3.0 innings or more

Fenix

Nah there is 3 conditions where a save is recorded, a pitcher needs to finish the game and either

1) pitch 1.0 inning where your team leads by no more than 3 runs.

2) pitch at least a 1/3 of an inning when the tying run is on base, at bat or on deck

3) pitch 3.0 innings or more
Yeah, it doesn't cover the 3-inning save, true. But as mentioned, save rules - and by extension, saves - are dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom